• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

More silver tonight!

Beefcake

Elite Member
I went to a new house that I got permission to hunt. Today is my brother's birthday, so I went hunting with him. I knew going in that I was going to let him dig my really good signals, because he was using my Ace250 and it does have its limitations..lol. I started my hunt with digging a 1953 Rosie at about 2" deep...very shallow! I pulled a few wheats and a bunch of clad. THEN...I get a beautiful signal of 12-47 ~ 12-48...totally repeating... I'm thinking another large silver.. I call Dan over and tell him to dig this signal...whatever is in there is your birthday present. He digs down and searches and then calls me over to use my probe... there sits at 6" an awesome silver ring!!! My nicest silver ring by far! It's stamped STERLING and looks to be old. With the basic cleaning of it, it has several diamond looking stones clustered in something that resembles a gift wrapping of sorts... When I put that thing in the sun it really sparkled. I know that most of the time they did not put diamonds in silver but each one of the stones is about 1/8 carat and all edges are crisp on the stones. Maybe I got lucky and they decided to use a silver setting... all stones are in place and are placed in very well. I told him to take it to the jewelers and get it tested anyway...who knows??? Either way he got a sweet birthday present!!! That makes silver coin #15 for the year and my 3rd silver ring!... Here's the pics!

Attachments

• wendy ring1.jpg
    wendy ring1.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 396
  • wendy ring2.jpg
    wendy ring2.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 398
  • wendy ring3.jpg
    wendy ring3.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 395
  • wendy ring 4.jpg
    wendy ring 4.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 396
  • wendy rosie.jpg
    wendy rosie.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 398
Wow now you're riveling Angel for silver, what a prize. Jeeeze.

Good stuff, ColoKid

Nice Dime!

The settings do look pretty solid. Probably zircons but you never know.
Cool ring! A two silver day is a good day! WTG

Wow Brian, that's a sweet ring.. Nice Rosie too.. Nice story and what a cool birthday your brother must have had..

My brother took the ring to the jewelers and they said the stones weren't real.. Thing is, they didn't even test them for him and they simply said they didn't put diamonds in silver. Now I know that the vast majority of the time it is true, but they could have at least tested it for him... Either way, I'm happy with it and so is he!

Great Birthday present for your Brother. I would get a second opinion on the stones. I had an EX GF that hated gold jewelery and she had a diamond put in a silver setting.

Hey Beef,

I have a hard time taking ones word when all they do is just look at something then spit out something they may have heard from someone else. Besides, I can't stand naysayers. "Nope." "Can't happen." "It's never been done." "People don't usually do things like that." etc. etc.

Can you find someone else who could test it? Perhaps a phone call asking jeweler if they have a way to test stones other than just looking at them at arms length.

I'd hate to dismiss something as possible as this on some guys "word".

Just my 2 cents.

Coolwhips :cool:

Congrats on you sivers! Your really doing good with that new detector! Awesome hunting!

Here's what I do...

Hey Beef,

I have a hard time taking ones word when all they do is just look at something then spit out something they may have heard from someone else. Besides, I can't stand naysayers. "Nope." "Can't happen." "It's never been done." "People don't usually do things like that." etc. etc.

Can you find someone else who could test it? Perhaps a phone call asking jeweler if they have a way to test stones other than just looking at them at arms length.

I'd hate to dismiss something as possible as this on some guys "word".

Just my 2 cents.

Coolwhips :cool:

If you have a Costco membership or know someone who does, they have thermal testers for both CZ and diamonds. Ask to borrow it for a second very politely. Tell them your story of how you found it and that the jeweler wouldn't test it for you. I've done that and they are curious usually to see if it is real themselves. Works every time!

Back
Top Bottom