Scuba Detective had some bad luck

davidlhyde63366

Forum Supporter
Robert Grattan ( From his Facebook page )
16 hrs ·

PLEASE HELP if you can. Someone FOUND my scuba gear in the road and took it home. I am asking to PLEASE return it
Folks, I got a call from Sundog marina about a boat that was sinking because someone forgot to put the plug in. I rushed to get my wet suit on and my booties and left in a hurry.
I had the tailgate down on my truck. I forgot I was emptying it out. My tank, BC, regulator, gauges and dive knife are all GONE. The tank was black, the BC was a Seaquest ProQD, regulator was an AquaLung with Tekna gauge console. I believe it rolled out of my truck along with the Weber gril at the end of my driveway. Nobody stole it
I also lost a propane Weber grill. Whoever picked up my stuff at the end of my driveway left the drip pan. PLEASE keep the grill. I would love my dive gear back. The gear is very expensive and I really love to help others. PLEASE if you know anything I just ask for it to be returned. My gear would have been on Trombley near Union Lake.
Thank you for considering this request.

Not sure if this would be the geographic area of Craigslist to watch to see if anyone is trying to sell ScubaDetective's equipment, but it seems like the closest I could find to his location:

https://detroit.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=scuba&sort=rel

Maybe if different people took a quick glance at various times of the day to see if any new listings might match what Robert lost, it just might help.

Dave, if you know the exact date Scuba lost his equipment, post it so everyone knows it would have to be a new listing dated from that date forward, thanks !

Go Fund Me?

Bob, your daughter is trying to help BUT, you don't need the money to cover your error. We all make mistakes and generally we just move on. You should ask her to remove the request.

Just my opinion.

Chuck

Last edited by a moderator:
Wasn't Roberts idea to post this .

Bob, your daughter is trying to help BUT, you don't need the money to cover your error. We all make mistakes and generally we just move on. You should ask her to remove the request.

Just my opinion.

Chuck

Wasn't Robert's idea to post it on here , I took it on my self to share it from his Facebook posting trying to locate his lost equipment. Since he has had a lot of friends on here that enjoyed his finds, and had sponsored several contest where he gave away prizes, and many people on here don't do Facebook . So again wasn't his idea .

Clear understanding?

Wasn't Robert's idea to post it on here , I took it on my self to share it from his Facebook posting trying to locate his lost equipment. Since he has had a lot of friends on here that enjoyed his finds, and had sponsored several contest where he gave away prizes, and many people on here don't do Facebook . So again wasn't his idea .

We all know Bob is a good guy and I clearly stated it was his daughter who fired up the gofundme.com request. Honestly, you presented her gofundme request so you must support the idea. I know Bob personally.

I guess the problem is that I thought gofundme was for down and out, desperate people.

Chuck

who said what

Just my opinion.

Chuck

When I said "Bob" I did not mean he posted it but that since he reads the forum, basically it was a message to him. Everyone has good intentions but again it is a matter of what gofundme is for. I might be wrong. If I am wrong, I will ask for my expenses (via gofundme) when I hunt for gold and come home empty handed (which happens way to many times).

:cool3:

I am sorry to hear this. Did he call the Police and file a report ?
Life always slaps you in the face when you are racing to get somewhere.

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

Whoever picked up my stuff at the end of my driveway...

Someone probably thought it was trash and picked it up. If I leave anything out on the end of my driveway its gone within hrs. Great way to get rid of old furniture, tools, etc.

When I said "Bob" I did not mean he posted it but that since he reads the forum, basically it was a message to him. Everyone has good intentions but again it is a matter of what gofundme is for. I might be wrong. If I am wrong, I will ask for my expenses (via gofundme) when I hunt for gold and come home empty handed (which happens way to many times).

:cool3:

You can ask for whatever you want, will someone donate to your cause? Who knows. I’ve personally never tried because I just don’t think anyone would care:laughing:

I see you as being a good daughter, who loves her dad.......... if some one disagrees that's it's being posted here ...that's fine, everyone is entitled to there own opinion.

I've always enjoyed your dads post and he has always been willing to help others...And I see the Go fund me page as a chance for those he helped to return the favor.

Best to you and your dad..:gottaluv:

I see you as being a good daughter, who loves her dad.......... if some one disagrees that's it's being posted here ...that's fine, everyone is entitled to there own opinion.

I've always enjoyed your dads post and he has always been willing to help others...And I see the Go fund me page as a chance for those he helped to return the favor.

Best to you and your dad..:gottaluv:

Well said OBN!

Someone probably thought it was trash and picked it up. If I leave anything out on the end of my driveway its gone within hrs. Great way to get rid of old furniture, tools, etc.
That's how I got rid of my x wife!

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

Check the dive shops in your area that deal in used gear and let them know you are missing your gear, I would do the same at the area pawn shops.

Good luck.

We all know Bob is a good guy and I clearly stated it was his daughter who fired up the gofundme.com request. Honestly, you presented her gofundme request so you must support the idea. I know Bob personally.

I guess the problem is that I thought gofundme was for down and out, desperate people.

Chuck

Nah. GoFundMe is for everyone! :)

I say no harm, no foul. Saw it removed for forum reasons, but GoFundMes are created for pretty much anything and everything!

Skippy

Back
Top Bottom