No rain...

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
Well, I am thankful those 100+ temps are gone for now, but no rain for weeks and none in the foreseeable future makes for some hard digging.
Don't even remember what it feels like to dig a normal plug, anymore.

Been trying to pop or make really small holes, or aiming for targets in the dirt instead of grass.
I need to learn how to do a a rain dance.
Glad I'm not a farmer.

Attachments

• weather.jpg
    weather.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 181
A little cooler, but about the same up here too. I've quit digging, 'cause I don't want to risk the damage.

Instead, I just made a deal on a water machine. So with a little luck I'll be in the lakes this next 90°+ weekend. :cool:

Really sorry to hear of the high temps and subsequent hard pack ground that the eastern forum members are having to deal with. NO rain just makes it worse. Hope things change SOON for all you guys and gals. Thank goodness for soft sandy beaches we have out here. We rarely get any rain in SO CAL either.

Really sorry to hear of the high temps and subsequent hard pack ground that the eastern forum members are having to deal with. NO rain just makes it worse. Hope things change SOON for all you guys and gals. Thank goodness for soft sandy beaches we have out here. We rarely get any rain in SO CAL either.

Not just the Eastern folks. Us Midwesterners are feeling it too. I have only gotten out 3 times since April.

I tell you digger. Four of us hunted this morning. The ground has become so hard it is a real challenge.:mad: We are still going to my HH, but it is much more time consuming to dig up a target than it was a few weeks ago.

I hear you - it's bad here in Eastern PA, too. Between the heat wave and no real rain in over a month, the ground here is like concrete.

I went out hunting the last two days, and it was so bad that I stopped digging any signal deeper than 3-4 inches down - just not worth the effort, plus I don't want to kill the grass. I'll go back when the ground softens up.

Any digging at all is going to kill the grass with it being this dry. Unfortunately, I see there are still a lot of md'ers out digging in these conditions.

A little cooler, but about the same up here too. I've quit digging, 'cause I don't want to risk the damage.

Instead, I just made a deal on a water machine. So with a little luck I'll be in the lakes this next 90°+ weekend. :cool:

I pretty much quit "retrieving" objects from the grass myself as it is just TOO DRY to be cutting plugs right now. I feel even IF I was to "water" the cut plug that it still won't be enough to "recover" the damaged roots. Anyways, I agree, I don't advise cutting into the grass roots right now. Luckily, I have the beach or the totlots to hunt. HH \_

be safe in the heat people... drink lots of water if you DO decide to go hunt in the heat...

Back
Top Bottom