Arizona MDing Laws

dirtfishintheSW

I'm getting ready to move to Arizona within the next week and a half and was wanting to know the laws in Arizona pertaining to MDing. I will be in Tolleson, Arizona. I'm hoping to go dirt fishing up in the Estrella Mountains and the usual spots like parks, school yards and the likes. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Also would like to meet some fellow MDers and maybe set up some hunts together.

Thanks in advance

appreciate it....i got to get a good shovel....i want another raven but funds are short for that....any suggestions on a good shovel for the hard ground?

Arizona? I think in that state it's cool to Metal Detect,
but have your "papers" ready if you look Hispanic.

What?

Arizona? I think in that state it's cool to Metal Detect,
but have your "papers" ready if you look Hispanic.

As a person that grew up in Arizona, still has family, friends, and a business there, I am offended by your uneducated statement. Three of my children are 50-percent "Hispanic," their Mother is from El Salvador. You have no freaking idea what you are talking about, and obviously take everything you read and watch on TV as the word of God. There are less racists in Arizona, than patriots, just like every other state in the Union.

Tranquilo!
I was taking a jab at the stupid Arizona legislation about traffic
cops obligated to check immigration status of people
for simple traffic stops. Obviously, the humor was lost in
translation.

Tranquilo!
I was taking a jab at the stupid Arizona legislation about traffic
cops obligated to check immigration status of people
for simple traffic stops. Obviously, the humor was lost in
translation.

That is because Arizona traffic cops ARE NOT "obligated to check immigration status of people for simple traffic stops." That is just you parroting something you read or heard. There is NO humor in your statement. It is pure drivel, and as I stated before offensive on several levels.

If you are going to knock my state and people, at least know what you are talking about.

My former best friend (he's now passed) lived in arizona and his daughter just moved to cali from there.

Her friends who tend to be mostly hispanic and black call her 'the mad white girl', shes always 'n' this, as they are, shes a die hard steelers fan (dont ask me, i dont know either).

But shes not a racist, her dad wasnt a racist, his gf wasnt a racist and i dont think any of her friends or his (including his black stepdad) have ever been carded but i understand the humor attempt...for anyone outside of az it probably is humor.

Carding anyone for their background would be unworkable...thats a helluva lot of people...thankfully im whiter then casper the ghost, infact people dont come here in halloween cos id scare them...i make an albino look like bob marley and im english..i couldnt hide my accent if i tried but get carded?

Im more like to have my ear talked off about london, the queen or 'what the hell is black pudding?'

That last bit was a joke people...just incase someone takes it the wrong way.

:laughing:

i won't have a problem if i'm asked for papers as i'm just a good ole redneck boy. but it is BS the way they want to just pull people over cause of their race and ask for papers.

i'm ready to get there and take that camping trip me and my girlfriend have planned in the Estrella Mountains and see what the etrac will find.

wish me luck and i wish all y'all luck in your future hunts.

Not too far from the Estrella mtns the old railroad line goes through. We have had luck at the many now forgotten rr stops. They were houses where the maintenance men & families l9ived. Here's a book that shows all the old lines in Az. steve in so az

RRatlas.jpg

Not too far from the Estrella mtns the old railroad line goes through. We have had luck at the many now forgotten rr stops. They were houses where the maintenance men & families l9ived. Here's a book that shows all the old lines in Az. steve in so az

RRatlas.jpg

thanks for the input. my girlfriend is from Tolleson and she said shr knows some places to hit up also. i don't know if there is any gold in that area but it would be sweet to find a little chunk.

"The Arizona Act additionally required that state law enforcement officers attempt to determine an individual's immigration status during a "lawful stop, detention or arrest", or during a "lawful contact" not specific to any activity[9] when there is reasonable suspicion that the individual is an illegal immigrant"

Terry Solomon, here's the SB 1070 legislation right from its
Wikipedia site. It seems that you're the one who doesn't know what he's talking about, not me.
Sorry if I offended you but perhaps you need to read up a little bit on the information you pretend to be so well-versed in.

"The Arizona Act additionally required that state law enforcement officers attempt to determine an individual's immigration status during a "lawful stop, detention or arrest", or during a "lawful contact" not specific to any activity[9] when there is reasonable suspicion that the individual is an illegal immigrant"

Terry Solomon, here's the SB 1070 legislation right from its
Wikipedia site. It seems that you're the one who doesn't know what he's talking about, not me.
Sorry if I offended you but perhaps you need to read up a little bit on the information you pretend to be so well-versed in.

Maybe if you read THE LAW instead of Wickedpedia, you would have a clue..

>>Summary of SB 1070 and HB 2162

Enforcement of Immigration Law

Prohibits state and local law enforcement from restricting enforcement of federal immigration laws.

Requires state and local law enforcement to reasonably attempt to determine the immigration status of a person involved in a lawful stop, detention or arrest in the enforcement of any other local or state law or ordinance where reasonable suspicion exists that the person is an alien and is unlawfully present, except if it may hinder or obstruct an investigation.

Requires the immigration status to be verified with the federal government for anyone who is arrested.

Stipulates that law enforcement cannot consider race, color or national origin when implementing these provisions, except as permitted by the U.S. or Arizona Constitution.

Specifies a presumption of lawful presence with these IDs: Arizona driver license or ID; tribal enrollment card or ID; valid federal, state or local government issued identification, if the issuing entity requires proof of legal presence before issuance.

Stipulates that these provisions do not implement or authorize REAL ID.

Allows legal residents to sue state or localities that restrict enforcement of federal law. Indemnifies officers unless they acted in bad faith. Violating entities must pay a civil penalty of at least $500 for each day the policy is in effect.

Willful Failure to Complete or Carry an Alien Registration Document

Creates a state violation comparable to federal law in 8 USC 1304(e) or 1306(a) and creates state penalties of jail costs and $100 for a first offense. Stipulates immigration status may be determined by a law enforcement officer authorized by the federal government to verify an alien’s immigration status; or U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement or U.S. Customs and Border Protection.

NOTE: The federal provisions mentioned in the Arizona law are included here for easy reference.
8 USC 1304(e): Personal possession of registration or receipt card; penalties. Every alien, eighteen years of age and over, shall at all times carry with him and have in his personal possession any certificate of alien registration or alien registration receipt card issued to him pursuant to subsection (d) of this section. Any alien who fails to comply with the provisions of this subsection shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and shall upon conviction for each offense be fined not to exceed $100 or be imprisoned not more than thirty days, or both. 8 USC 1306 (a): Willful failure to register. Any alien required to apply for registration and to be fingerprinted in the United States who willfully fails or refuses to make such application or to be fingerprinted, and any parent or legal guardian required to apply for the registration of any alien who willfully fails or refuses to file application for the registration of such alien shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and shall, upon conviction thereof, be fined not to exceed $1,000 or be imprisoned not more than six months, or both.)

Unlawfully Picking Up Passengers for Work

Makes it a class 1 misdemeanor for an occupant of a motor vehicle to hire on a street, roadway or highway if the vehicle blocks or impedes the normal movement of traffic; or to enter a vehicle to be hired and transported; or for an unauthorized alien to knowingly apply for work, solicit work in a public place or perform work as an employee or independent contractor.

Stipulates that law enforcement cannot consider race, color or national origin in the enforcement when implementing the provision, except as permitted by the U.S. or Arizona Constitution.

Unlawful Transporting or Harboring Unlawful Aliens

Stipulates that it is unlawful for a person who is in violation of a criminal offense to transport an alien; conceal, harbor or shield an alien; or encourage an alien to come to this state, if the person recklessly disregards the fact the person is here unlawfully. The vehicle may be immobilized or impounded. Provides exceptions for child protective services, first responders, ambulance or emergency medical technicians. Violators are guilty of a class 1 misdemeanor and subject to a fine of at least $1,000.

Stipulates that law enforcement cannot consider race, color or national origin in the enforcement when implementing the provision, except as permitted by the U.S. or Arizona Constitution.

Employer Sanctions

Provides employers with the affirmative defense that they were entrapped, but they must admit the substantial elements of the violation. The employer has the burden of proof to show law enforcement officer induced the violation.

Requires employers to keep a record of employment verification for the duration of the employee’s employment or 3 years whichever is longer.

Miscellaneous

Authorizes peace officers in the enforcement of human smuggling laws to lawfully stop a person if they have a reasonable suspicion to believe the person is in violation of any civil traffic law and to arrest a person without a warrant if the officer has probable cause to believe the person has committed any public offense that makes the person removable from the United States.

Penalties and fines under this bill are to be deposited to the Department of Public Safety for the Gang and Immigration Intelligence Team Enforcement Mission Fund.<<

"Requires state and local law enforcement to reasonably attempt to determine the immigration status of a person involved in a lawful stop"

The above text is directly from your "Law."
Exactly what I stated before, nearly word for word.
Seriously, you need to get a clue or maybe, for you, acting dumb is just
cheap entertainment.

As a person that grew up in Arizona, still has family, friends, and a business there, I am offended by your uneducated statement. Three of my children are 50-percent "Hispanic," their Mother is from El Salvador. You have no freaking idea what you are talking about, and obviously take everything you read and watch on TV as the word of God. There are less racists in Arizona, than patriots, just like every other state in the Union.
I don't think he was being racist!
He's just referring to the "Papers Please" law ( that I also do NOT agree with)

"Requires state and local law enforcement to reasonably attempt to determine the immigration status of a person involved in a lawful stop"

The above text is directly from your "Law."
Exactly what I stated before, nearly word for word.
Seriously, you need to get a clue or maybe, for you, acting dumb is just
cheap entertainment.

You left out the important part: where reasonable suspicion exists that the person is an alien and is unlawfully present ....

and: Stipulates that law enforcement cannot consider race, color or national origin when implementing these provisions, except as permitted by the U.S. or Arizona Constitution.

This is a lot of noise about nothing. Officers have the responsibility to investigate further any time they have a reasonable suspicion about any type of illegal activity. They do this every shift with people from every strata and ethnic block in society.

You left out the important part: where reasonable suspicion exists that the person is an alien and is unlawfully present ....

and: Stipulates that law enforcement cannot consider race, color or national origin when implementing these provisions, except as permitted by the U.S. or Arizona Constitution.

This is a lot of noise about nothing. Officers have the responsibility to investigate further any time they have a reasonable suspicion about any type of illegal activity. They do this every shift with people from every strata and ethnic block in society.

Thank you. I'm done here, as it is stepping off topic. :cool:

Thank you. I'm done here, as it is stepping off topic. :cool:

yes Terry Soloman, very off topic. I will have no problems with my citizenship status. As I was born in Texas and also I'm not in any way of any race other than being a white redneck. And in no way racist either.

Please lets keep this on topic.

Back
Top Bottom