Thieves!

Bagelbites

Forum Supporter
Recently, our member stinger put on a contest: guess what type of dog he has, and win a pair of Mercs. Well, I guessed correctly and won! Awesome, i dont own any mercs and i think they are beautiful. Stinger contacted me and mailed the mercs, along with a bonus wheat penny, the next day. He's a cool guy.

Look what showed up in the mail today. God, I hate thieves. Anyway, it's the thought that counts, so thanks again stinger for your generosity.

Attachments

• 20170921_165645.jpg
    20170921_165645.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 477
  • 20170921_165718.jpg
    20170921_165718.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 474
Recently, our member stinger put on a contest: guess what type of dog he has, and win a pair of Mercs. Well, I guessed correctly and won! Awesome, i dont own any mercs and i think they are beautiful. Stinger contacted me and mailed the mercs, along with a bonus wheat penny, the next day. He's a cool guy.

Look what showed up in the mail today. God, I hate thieves. Anyway, it's the thought that counts, so thanks again stinger for your generosity.

PM Me your mailing address. I'll send you a some coins in a nice bubble wrap, along with a tip protector of your choice (Garrett Pro Pointer, TRX, Minelab Pro-Find, Makro Pointer, or XP MI-6). Do something kind for someone else in the future, and we'll call it square.

Others: This offer is for Bagelbites. :)

Cheers,

Skippy

Hey, PM me your address and I'll mail you a regular envelope full of dirty Chucky Cheese tokens and rotten pennies in order to decoy/discourage the thief off of Skippy's package!! :laughing: Bummer though Man...It might be your local carrier...wouldnt THAT be a B?

My kitty Mickey has done worse as yours looks mighty guilty in my opinion.. Sucks if it was done purposely..

That's sad some people can be that way, and imagine if the thief had no idea of the extra value and just put it in their pocket to spend with the rest of their change.

My local mail sorting facility mangles my mail frequently. A lot of my mail looks like that envelope. It's quite possible that is what happened to your letter somewhere along the way. In any case, it stinks.:(

That's awful generous of Skippy to hook you up, though!:cool:

Hey, PM me your address and I'll mail you a regular envelope full of dirty Chucky Cheese tokens and rotten pennies in order to decoy/discourage the thief off of Skippy's package!! :laughing: Bummer though Man...It might be your local carrier...wouldnt THAT be a B?

Funny thing is, I"m pretty much POSITIVE Mudpuppy would ship 'em, too!

LOL

next time slide them inside a piece of corrogated cardboard . mighta got torn out the end by their stupid automatic machines.

PM Me your mailing address. I'll send you a some coins in a nice bubble wrap, along with a tip protector of your choice (Garrett Pro Pointer, TRX, Minelab Pro-Find, Makro Pointer, or XP MI-6). Do something kind for someone else in the future, and we'll call it square.

Others: This offer is for Bagelbites. :)

Cheers,

Skippy

Wow, that's very nice of you! Quite a group we've got here. I'd certainly pay it forward.

that cat has a guilty face ! ;)

Hah! He had an alibi. He was upstairs when I got the mail.

I'm not going to just type lol...but I did laugh out loud.

My kitty Mickey has done worse as yours looks mighty guilty in my opinion.. Sucks if it was done purposely..

He does look guilty, and he certainly would do something like this. He'd also make sure I knew he had some new coins to play with.

That's sad some people can be that way, and imagine if the thief had no idea of the extra value and just put it in their pocket to spend with the rest of their change.

Yep. It really irks me to know that some low-life decided that he gets someone else's property, just because he had the opportunity.

My local mail sorting facility mangles my mail frequently. A lot of my mail looks like that envelope. It's quite possible that is what happened to your letter somewhere along the way. In any case, it stinks.:(

My mail is usually immaculate. I guess anything can happen.

I work for USPS, and like any company there are theives...but I'm with thinking this was more because the automation as well. Those letter sorter machines process approx $20,000 in revenue per hour (so $20,000/.49= Almost 41,000 letters per hour). I've seen what happens when things get caught and even catch fire from when things jam up the rubber belts, rubbing and scorching envelopes. They don't stop unless manually done so, and by then it's pretty much too late.

To be honest, it probably should have been packaged in something like a cardboard CD sleeve. Envelopes are basically for paper letters. Anything hard and of any thickness other than paper will be grabbed and shot by the belts at extreme speed, sometimes right out of the envelope.

Your pictures are intriguing though, I can't make out much detail of belt burns from it grabbing the item inside the envelope and yanking or whether it was maliciously tore at that bottom corner. The way it's crinkled does lean me toward machine error though.

Sorry this happened to you, but 49 cents for an envelope isn't much protection against automated equipment designed to handle paper, where as a CD sleeve might have cost about $2 to ship and been handled much differently and protected better.

As far as it being malicious, I highly doubt it was your letter carrier anyways. That envelope has been through at least 20 other employees hands before even arriving into his. I understand they usually get the brunt of blame, but it's only because that is the very last person to have touched it.

Last edited:

Now that you mention it that is a possibility, you would hope that was the case as it would be better than worrying about a thief, at least a mail sorting tear should not happen too often unless maybe that post office has a machine that needs adjusting ?

If those coins were in there loose I can see why that happened. If I send coins anywhere I tape them to cardboard or heavy paper, then rolled up to disguise them somewhat. Or like MrNovice stated, bubble wrap or a bubble-envelope.

I once ordered some parts for a 68 Triumph I was restoring. Small items, like washers. They never showed up. Contacted the vendor, told me they were sent. Rather than "fight it out" I ordered another set and received them a week later. 7 months later I received the original envelope, chewed to hell. A note from the post office said, "sorry, found this in the PO machine, somehow got caught in the sorter".

He mailed a cat? :laughing:

Having my own issue right now. Traded with a guy on here an atx for an excal. He received the atx... I haven't received the excal
I used to deal in sports cards.. always have to put them in hard plastic sleeves or they get completely bent and destroyed.

Just curious... would USPS deliver the package if it was noticed that it was ripped open like that? From point of origin

Just curious... would USPS deliver the package if it was noticed that it was ripped open like that? From point of origin

USPS delivers it all whether bent, destroyed, burned, crushed, missing contents, whatever. Once the damage has been identified, it is usually up to that employee to have it stamped "damaged in handling", "received damaged"...whichever of 50 different hand stamps is appropriate. If unable to identify the sending or return address from the outside of the package or letter due to damage, then the Postal Inspectors have authorization to examine the contents to see if they can locate an address.

In the rare case no identifiers can be found, it goes to the "dead letter" dept where it is destroyed.

I get wonderful mail service here where I live. Only issues are wet, I mean soaked mail when its raining, and the wrong mail at times. Otherwise they do one terrific job.

UPS, another story and a sad one. I have had the UPS guy litterly rolling my new $800 welder in a box across the yard, as it was to heavy to carry!! Hey get a two wheel cart! I did yell at him, he seemed surprised anyone was looking. Then the packages delivered on the other side of town to SE instead of SW and I could go on and on. Give me USPS any day!

Your input Mr. Novice was Outstanding.. I have never had any issues in all my years shipping through the USPS.. You guys do a great job with not too many At-A-Boys..

a customer mailed me a check 2 months ago. 1/3 of the envelope and check were missing. the post office had it in a plastic bag with a sticker on it saying sorry for the inconvenience. it got caught in the sorter.

Back
Top Bottom