Found another gold ring with the Rutus!

NCtoad

Forum Supporter
Found my 4th gold ring with the rutus. This one at my son's soccer field during his practice this evening. Had the rutus in coins mode and it rang up 51-52. Almost didn't dig cause that's right in the canslaw range. But I was on a mission tonight since I hadn't dug any gold at this field and this is probably my most hunted site. So I decided to dig solid foil signals and it paid off. I also found another ring, but pretty sure it's a junker. This is my 7th gold ring of the year. It's 2.88 grams of 14k. Forgot to add this ring is broken, but still touching so that might be the cause for the jumping from 51 to 52. It was only around 2-3 inches deep.

Attachments

• 20170919_192010-1.jpg
    20170919_192010-1.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 290
  • 20170919_192001-1-1.jpg
    20170919_192001-1-1.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 264
  • 20170919_191941-1-1.jpg
    20170919_191941-1-1.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 286
Well done! Congrats!

That's exactly where the gold wedding band we found rang up.

Thanks Triad! Probably not similar numbers to your garrett. I was hunting coins mode which is 15khz, but the id numbers are normalized to 12khz. So, for example, a zincoln rings up around 96, a copper penny and clad dime at around 105 and a clad quarter at 112-114. So this ring was right in the big foil can slaw range.

On a side note: I had started off this evening hunting in basic mode which is 8khz. Kept wondering why I was digging zinc pennies coming in at the low 80's:?: Then I realized the machine sets the normalization for basic mode at 6khz. Once I figured out why the numbers were so off, I switched coins mode because I'm much more familiar with the numbers when normalized to 12khz. Duh!:lol:

Darn,
You are going to wear out my Rutus digging all those gold rings.lol

And you want an Equinox??
Maybe you need a Rutus? Lol

Good stuff.
Thanks for sharing.

Yeeessss! Another 3 ring streak coming! Hey, really great find and post about your thought process and hunting an area you KNOW darn well theres gotta be a gold in here someplace! We all have places like that, ones we know real well and havnt popped a gold out of yet...knowing its in there someplace!

Darn,
You are going to wear out my Rutus digging all those gold rings.lol

And you want an Equinox??
Maybe you need a Rutus? Lol

Good stuff.
Thanks for sharing.
The funny thing is I could have found 3 of the 4 gold rings with my compadre if I was using it and got the coil over them. I do like the Rutus though. Still on the first set of batteries, but am down to the last bar on the battery graph.
Wow 7 dirt golds in a season is really good! Congrats!
Thank you! The very first one back in Jan or Feb was an eyeball find!
Congrats, I like finding dirt gold! Doesn't happen very often to me! :)
I guess I've just had a streak of luck. Although I have been digging a lot more foil signals lately...and have the trash to prove it!:yes:
Incredible for sure! I'm jelly big time!

Congrats Toad!
Thanks GS!
Congrats on your 7th gold ring for the year! It's a nice looking one too.:)
Thank you!
Great job! Keep it up! :grin:
Thanks and yes I hope I do keep it going:lol:
Yeeessss! Another 3 ring streak coming! Hey, really great find and post about your thought process and hunting an area you KNOW darn well theres gotta be a gold in here someplace! We all have places like that, ones we know real well and havnt popped a gold out of yet...knowing its in there someplace!
You know Mud, lately I'll look at a site and say to myself "there's gold in that field"...the odds just favor it. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom