dad just gave me a minelab american gold striker?

racegirlrandi

"Raisin Capital" of the world "SELMA" CALIFORNIA
I need some help there is sooooo much debris and junk round here but yet this is an excellent place to hunt Im sure of it. The rocks around here also seem to make the detector squeel with delight as if i hit King Tuts tomb or something. Can anyone give me a basic way to set these knobs so that I can try to learn this detector? And will this be a good detector for searching an 100+ yr old farm VIRGIN farm.The railroad ran through it and it is the last property before the train hit town was here. evedence of chinese camp here also at one time long ago.found lots of broken chinese ricebowls etc. not to mention a gold wedding band with inscription dating may 7 1901 however that was found without a detector after they ripped up the 100 yr old grapevines here. no kidding at first i thought it was a plumbing item one of those little sleeve thingies but when i saw writing inside i thought now why would they number a 10cent plumbing item they wouldnt i better take this one on home. and welll good thing any help would be appreciated anyway any advice on setting these dials. i did download the manual but its too complicated for a beginner. i really would like to learn how to use this and is this a good detector or junk.dad says it goes under water too.

Some info here...

This is a detector that has a threshold and you hunt by sound...a little longer learning curve but well worth learning as a base for anything else you will ever swing for the rest of your life.
Seems to be a pretty good detector...32kh frequency means it is designed to find gold, but it will find other great treasure, too.
Auto track ground balance,(good), a little more complicated learning curve than some, and no discrimination at all so you will dig a lot, but it can be a very good detector.
Lots of us here like to dig it all, anyway.
It has a lot of nice features, you just have to put in the time to learn it, which is what I would recommend.
It's fun to learn.
Keep re-reading the manual and keep digging holes, for about 100-200 hours and more.
By about 50, you should start to know it and the sounds it makes and maybe even what the different signals might be when you hear those sounds, and it will be even more fun than it is now.
You will dig less trash, too.
Just keep going and learning.
Find lots of cool stuff, save up the coins and then buy a more modern detector with some discrimination and keep this as a great backup.

Set your controls to the settings below, then listen for the threshold to change.
When it does, you are over metal.
As you use it, you will eventually start to hear some slight differences in the threshold tone while scanning different metals, and that's when it really starts to get fun.

http://www.losttreasure.com/content/archives/minelabs-american-goldstriker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jrwXM9iRVo

manual
http://www.minelab.com/__files/f/9339/Inst Manual GoldStriker Website.pdf

Attachments

• gold track.jpg
    gold track.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 468
Back
Top Bottom