Newbie in Dallas Texas!

Toddsnake

Forum Supporter
Well, not exactly a newbie, just been away a long while....:D
The first and only metal detector I have ever had was so old I could not get repair support on it because it was so old, even from the company that made it!
It was a Teknetics 7700 Coin Computer!:shock: Bought it back in 1985 and used it until around 2009 when it just crapped-out. Teknetics did not offer any support on it and seemed not to know anything about the old thing!:D
Now I'm looking for a new detector that I will mainly be coin and jewelry hunting with in old parks, schoolyards and home-sites around the South Dallas area where I grew up and have recently moved back to. Need help deciding on make and model that best suits my needs, any ideas? Looking in the $300 to $400 price range...
Any good DFW area detector shops around?:?:

Thanks for any info....
Todd

Welcome from SW WI.

You know I hear some awesome stuff about the T2 classic, not sure what the behind the scenes price is from a dealer, but it should be able to be had for less than the MAP price of $500. Otherwise the Tesoro's are hot and deep for a analog non VDI detector. Perhaps you can check the classified section

I hunt parks for coins and jewelry also, I have done well with the Fisher F70.
Brand new the Patriot is $400 with free shipping which is the same unit just much cheaper.
It will do everything you want it to do...and more.and more.
There are lots of other detectors out there but compare the features list of the Patriot against others at the same price.
Or you can buy something used plus there are others out there new at all price points.

Thanks!

Thank you for the nice greetings and replies! Want something new for sure, the Patriot looks like it might be a good fit. Anyone have any thoughts on the Whites Coin Shooter series? Garrett is located in Garland, just on the north side of Dallas where I live... they have a showroom and store there where you can test them out...?

Todd

Thank you for the nice greetings and replies! Want something new for sure, the Patriot looks like it might be a good fit. Anyone have any thoughts on the Whites Coin Shooter series? Garrett is located in Garland, just on the north side of Dallas where I live... they have a showroom and store there where you can test them out...?

Todd

They do have a showroom and sell out of there, but there is no discount from them. Full MSRP. I've been up there several times, even today in fact. Call or private message the sponsors on here and they can get you much "friendlier" prices! I recommend Craig from showmetreasure, bought a Garrett AT Pro pointer from him just this weekend! Craig sells many brands and can hook you up with anything for any circumstance you need!

https://metaldetectingforum.com/member.php?u=24375

Detector On The Way!!

Well I finally made up my mind and ordered a Patriot from Teknetics a couple days ago that is supposed to arrive May 8!:D I went with Teknetics because that is what I used from 1985 to 2009 with no problem until it died in 2009 from old age.;) Will probably start with wired headphones, but any thoughts on good wireless setups I could use? The Garrett Z-Link looks nice...but a little pricey!

Todd:cool:

Well I finally made up my mind and ordered a Patriot from Teknetics a couple days ago that is supposed to arrive May 8!:D I went with Teknetics because that is what I used from 1985 to 2009 with no problem until it died in 2009 from old age.;) Will probably start with wired headphones, but any thoughts on good wireless setups I could use? The Garrett Z-Link looks nice...but a little pricey!

Todd:cool:

Good choice.

My first six months learning mine in this blog.
Lots of info from simple observations to complex technical data to absorb as you will.
Many have told me it cut down the initial learning curve time a lot for them.
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=173474

I have hunted with about a thousand different settings in the last few years.
I have posted about them all over the forum and in a social club we have here...
http://metaldetectingforum.com/group.php?groupid=238

And a lot more over on Findmall in the F Series forum under the name REVIER.

Factory settings are great, learn to tweak it for each site for optimum hunting and the sky is the limit.

Welcome to the forum from the Texas Hill Country !! I have only been here a couple of years and prior to that lived in NE Texas. Hunted with a lot of good guys in your area so you don't have to hunt alone if you don't want to. Hope you do well with the Patriot and Happy Hunting.
Pesc

Back
Top Bottom