fisher f2 pinpointing problem

JRAGEN

Banned
Hello all, when I am pinpointing a target with my fisher f2, the detector sounds everytime and everywhere I put my detector... even if I put it near where there is no metal in the ground, it still sounds if I put it on the ground... is it a coil problem?

I have the F2 has my starter MD.

If i recall (from last summer) you need to hold the pinpoint button with the coil on the ground for a few seconds to ground balance then it will be good to go.

Personally, i have rarely used the pinpoint function on the F2 since it was so accurate during the sweeps. I just did an X pattern sweep, sweep left to right, turn myself 90 degrees then do it again. 90% of the time with my standard 8 inch coil the target is in the middle of the center coil (where it goes beep). I take my screwdriver and poke it in the middle of the opening of the coil to mark it.

side note: My unit broke down after a year and i kept getting constant chatter like a machine gun with the numbers jumping all over the place. I called fisher and RMA'd it and received a new head unit and coil within a week.

try what it says to do in the manual:

1. position coil just barely off the ground and to the side of the target.
2. press and hold pp button and raise coil about 2 inches. lifting the coil away from the ground makes the ground signal go negative so the machine is silent.
3. move coil across target and you can then locate it.

if that doesn't work, i'd cotact your dealer. took me a bit to get this down too. i'd just hit the pp button and wonder why it was showing a target no matter where i placed the coil.

Back
Top Bottom