Started a Lindbergh collection

steve in so la

Forum Supporter
I dug this Lindbergh watch fob a while back. In great shape, it commemorates not only his flying feat but specifically his appearance in Tucson, Az - where I live.

Since then I have bought a letter sent from Tucson with postal info stamped on it about his flight , plus a token which commerates him from 1927. Here they are , not permanently set yet. I keep on the lookout for other things tied to him and Tucson.
Just thought someone might get an idea from my start on this collection. Plus any suggestions out there would be greatly appreciated, steve in so az

Attachments

• Lindbergh fob.jpg
    Lindbergh fob.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 550
  • Lindbergh frame.jpg
    Lindbergh frame.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 542
Documentation would be cool too, go to the library and get copies of his stories captured in the newspapers.

Good idea on the newspaper - the one here has been around forever. I'll check with the Historical society, Steve

I really like that watch fob. Really great find.
How about including the commemorative stamps ?

Very nice fob. Its in awesome shape. You gonna keep it as is, or try to polish it up some?

Really great finds, steve. I like watch fobs. And also tokens. May I suggest putting a piece of colored felt as a background in the frame, to display it, or as a background in a Riker case?

Scrltt641

Background is tempoary - havent decided on the final one yet but I have used felt several times on other displays. Works well.

How would I go about finding a commemerative stamp ?

Not going to do anything to the surface of the fob., I like the old age look.

Thanks guys,
Steve

Spitfire - The ebay stamp sale closed- I got it for 6 bux ! Thanks again - it sure will fit nicely into my collection, Steve

Back
Top Bottom