This is the weirdest find

Shane5150

that I have ever found. Found with my Garret Ace 250 some time ago. It is such a curious piece.

I found it 50 feet from where I found a 1815 Ships, Colonies and Commerce token in New Brunswick.

It rings off like crazy under gold, do not know what kind of Metal it is though.

Also, it looks like a fish to me. I am able to bend the metal and it is heavy for it's size.

So, what is this? Thanks, in advance.

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 395
Welcome to "Friendly"

Shane, no telling what you have there, but it sure looks like lead slag. I see the fish outline, but that might just be an anomaly. Lead will give off sounds and VDIs similar to gold targets. If it's heavy and very malable and shiny when you scratch it I put it at 99 to1 it is lead. I ran into an area while hunting where every other target was a chunk like that. I was hunting in an area that was formally a garage that did body work. Guess it was before they invented "bondo"..:yes:...Glad to have you here on the forum. Keep the pictures coming...Gil

^^^Thanks. I never even thought of lead. Makes sense. The shape really threw me. Hollow out eye. Yet, the anomaly theory seems the best.

Thanks for the welcome and help.

Back
Top Bottom