1869 over 9?

remmy

Forum Supporter
I found this indian on Saturday, rang up like silver! I also found another that rang up like most indiand. When I got it cleaned up I looked it up and realized it is bronze, explaining the vdi. When I really looked at it I think it is a error (1869 over 9) Does anyone agree or disagree? It has great detail but is slightly bent so I doubt it is worth much.

picture.php

Thanks for looking!

I found this indian on Saturday, rang up like silver! I also found another that rang up like most indiand. When I got it cleaned up I looked it up and realized it is bronze, explaining the vdi. When I really looked at it I think it is a error (1869 over 9) Does anyone agree or disagree? It has great detail but is slightly bent so I doubt it is worth much.

picture.php

Thanks for looking!

Certainly looks like a 9 over 9

https://www.usacoinbook.com/coins/286/small-cents/indian-head-cent/1869-P/9-over-9/

says "good" condition is $127

I think you got an error but I am no expert but looks just like the pic in that link

Nice Find regardless !!

It does and doesn't look like the error coin. I say that because the 6 should look different also and yours doesn't even after I enlarge it. However the 9 sure looks convincing. Both the top of it and the tail.

I am not going to say one way or the other! Jury is deadlocked.

It looks like a 9 over 9 to me.......either way a 69 Injun in that condition is an incredible find! Awesome job!

It looks legit to me. I wonder how many variations are known on this error. I would get it to an expert for verification. Anyway a great looking Indian and a very fine recovery. Congrats! Trapper

Back
Top Bottom