Was off to a good start......

Digger-Dave

Forum Supporter
Had a couple decent hunts before the last deposit of snow. About fn 18 inches worth!!

Picked up my first Barber quarter (1898), some fatty Indians and an 1858 Flying Eagle.

An ox knob and some tombac buttons too could not hide either! ;)

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• Resized March 2017.jpg
    Resized March 2017.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 263
Some nice finds there. Can't wait for this last round of snow to disappear! Hearing a few more Monday night :mad:

Nice finds. Hopefully the weather don't knock the power out. Seems there are a lot who have lost their power from the recent weather. The white stuff can go away anytime already.

That's some super digging Dave. Congrats on the Barber and the Indians. Would love seeing a close up of the FE. They are bucket list items for most of us. Trapper

Nice finds!! Fatty and Barber are still on my bucket list. My power was restored late Friday (5:30 PM) Now there is 6-9 inches in the forecast for Monday night.:surrender:

Thanks for all of the kind comments.

What makes the coins special is that they were found at old home sites. I rarely get these. The barber is too new for the site I found it on. A hunter or kids playing in the woods may be the source. The house/cabin burned before 1889.

The 1858 Flying Eagle is time period correct and was right next to the Tombac button. The home owner may have dropped both.

Nice finds, 18 inches of snow, ouch, you're going to need a bigger coil.

REAL BIG too!! ;) :lol:

Nice finds Dave!

I hope you are ready for the next round of 15+ inches of snow for tomorrow.

At this rate, we will be lucky to have open ground by the end of March/beginning of April.

Back
Top Bottom