How many of you have found a half dollar/dollar coin so far

Found one of each only. Though were Canadian silver coins. Top left in display.
The half have in display the dollar was a bad retrieval died of scrap silver sale.

Clad coins find daily except the half. Clad dollars everywhere. Never found a clad half no one has them around.Give one to a store clerk they never seen them.

Attachments

• IMG_1016.jpg
    IMG_1016.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 512
Found one of each only. Though were Canadian silver coins. Top left in display.
The half have in display the dollar was a bad retrieval died of scrap silver sale.

Clad coins find daily except the half. Clad dollars everywhere. Never found a clad half no one has them around.Give one to a store clerk they never seen them.

Man, you're good!

I have never found one MDing, however, I have been going to my Bank lately asking for Halves. I've gotten only 18 though. If I already have that year & mint, I spend them. I also ask for Dollar Coins, and I've got over $50 of them. :yes:

I think it would be cool to bring them back into every-day circulation. Like actually get them as common change. Anyone agree? :D

I have never found one MDing, however, I have been going to my Bank lately asking for Halves. I've gotten only 18 though. If I already have that year & mint, I spend them. I also ask for Dollar Coin, and I've got over $50 of them. :yes:

I think it would be cool to bring them back into every-day circulation. Like actually get the as common change. Anyone agree? :D

I'd agree, but if they're 12.5 grams each, and you have 2 of them, you'd have an ounce of change in your pocket. Who would want that?

Just this year I found about 5 walking halves,a Ben half,a barber half and a Kennedy half.Almost a trifecta,missing a seated but I doubt that will ever happen..At least 3 or 4 of my halves found were either on a curb strip or in a yard not but a few feet from the sidewalk.

Just this year I found about 5 walking halves,a Ben half,a barber half and a Kennedy half.Almost a trifecta,missing a seated but I doubt that will ever happen..At least 3 or 4 of my halves found were either on a curb strip or in a yard not but a few feet from the sidewalk.

Must be nice...

Still haven't found one silver coin:waiting:

In the last ten years probably 10 silver ones. 2 on one magical day 3 years ago. Pulled my oldest this year 1838 from a 1920's house.

I normally find a few half dollars each year but in 40 years of detecting I have only found one silver dollar which was a 1902 Morgan.

A few weeks ago I found my first two halves in a spill. A couple of nice 1917 Walking Liberty's. My girlfriend's first and only silver coin so far is a 1938 Walker.

yPfQG0e.jpg

RFp4cdp.jpg

Almost 50 years of swinging a detector and I've found near 40 silver halves and not a single dollar yet.

But it's not over till the fat lady sings, I haven't heard her yet LOL.

My first silver coin was a 36 walker, then 366 days later I found a seated 1856 half.
This year I found 3 silver halves, one being a 1904 Barber.
Looking for BIG BEN to complete the collection.
Maybe next season.....?
e4bd798b7eb5dd4cbe9574de392eb6f5.jpg

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom