Just wheaties but still cool...

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
6 coins from 3 different sites I have hunted in the past,using some new settings again and they helped notice all of these very easily in sites where I missed them completely before.

Every one could have been silver so even though they weren't still happy.
I am in sites where silver is possible at least.

1917, 18, 20, 42s, (rarer on this side of the country), and a couple in the 50's.

I'll take em!

Attachments

• user10659_pic74435_1488627118_PerfectlyClear.jpg
    user10659_pic74435_1488627118_PerfectlyClear.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:
Congrats on the wheat harvest. Ya got a few oldies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congrats with the wheats! I've been in this sport for five years now and I still love finding wheat pennies.

Nice! i love the wheaties, and thanks for showing the dates. They just don't seem to get the respect of the other coins. It seems most will just post the backs, if at all. Its the dates that make them interesting. And IMO they are a handsome coin. Anyway, nice save on the wheats and HH Mark

Coinshooting in trash with F75

6 coins from 3 different sites I have hunted in the past,using some new settings again and they helped notice all of these very easily in sites where I missed them completely before.

Every one could have been silver so even though they weren't still happy.
I am in sites where silver is possible at least.

1917, 18, 20, 42s, (rarer on this side of the country), and a couple in the 50's.

I'll take em!

Digger,

I'm curious about your settings and soil conditions? I've been steadily getting better with my F75 but it seems like I can't weed silver out in trashy square nail ridden areas. Pennies come screaming in but silver is choppy and usually the luck of "dig everything" tactics. I'm usually running 50-70 sense with -3 to -1 thresh in DE. My soil is mineralized red clay with G.B. usually between 60-70-ish. My buddy with a Whites MX sport has been out finding me 3-1. Granted he has 8 years detecting and I'm around 7 months. I should also add I'm not hunting parks. I'm in the woods hunting in old gold rush sites. So, maybe it's just the luck of going left vs. right...

Yes mud...still DP and starting to love it.

Cave, I am out hunting now, you seem to have about the same soil I do so a little later and I will get back on the forums and tell you what I know about hunting in this stuff.
They don't call it Devil Dirt for nothing but it can be conquered.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom