some of my finds, by muddymick aka pook

pook

Test posting some of my finds, bronze age flat axe 1500BC

Attachments

• 433bronze_age_axe.jpg
    433bronze_age_axe.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 223
some more...Roman Brooches, iv posted them like this, because this is the way they were worn, ie catchplate up,

Attachments

• ROMAN BROOCHES 001.JPG
    ROMAN BROOCHES 001.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 221
Definitely some cool finds!! Think you could send a couple tons of you dirt over here? I'd really like to hunt it:lol:

Some really nice finds pook! I love to see the really old stuff from across the pond. Amazing how they last in the ground over that many years.

Pook - can you give me any info on this dug item ? You sure have the history over there - neat digs, steve in so az

Attachments

• foreign coin1.jpg
    foreign coin1.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 210
  • foreign coin 2.jpg
    foreign coin 2.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 207
Man you sure know where to look. You've got stuff I've never seen nor heard of. I don't know where they wore those brooches, but where-ever they wore them, they must have been uncomfortable. :shock:

Very nice finds and pics!

Thanks!

Rich :D

quote:Pook - can you give me any info on this dug item ? You sure have the history over there - neat digs, steve in so azend quote,

sorry steve no idea, it look a bit greek to me, which would be a first, i can try find out,
think il be cheeky and put a link up to our site in the uk, though its not for the feinthearted:lol: :lol: :lol:

Attachments

• banner2.jpg
    banner2.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 207
Man you sure know where to look. You've got stuff I've never seen nor heard of. I don't know where they wore those brooches, but where-ever they wore them, they must have been uncomfortable. :shock:

Very nice finds and pics!

Thanks!

Rich :D

there just your latter day safety pins, though you probably call them something else

Some really nice finds pook! I love to see the really old stuff from across the pond. Amazing how they last in the ground over that many years.

they dont all survive, ah i have a typical picture,,,,i found these 2 hammered coins at the weekend, one is a commonwealth halfgroat=2 pence
the other by its side is a well cream crackered [knackered] lizzy 1st halfgroat

Attachments

• commonwealth 031.JPG
    commonwealth 031.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 201
  • commonwealth 032.JPG
    commonwealth 032.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 202
various lead items, ranging from medieval spindle whorls, there the round objects with holes through, these were used in wool spinning..
and date to at least saxon times though none of these are as far as i know, also there are tokens, these were sometimes paid to workers then exchanged for goods,
also in amongst these finds are bag/sack seals, as well as a few lead pipe bowls....who would want to smoke a lead pipe god only knows:shock:

Attachments

• LEAD FINDS 001.jpg
    LEAD FINDS 001.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 200
Back
Top Bottom