lets say I do find gold/silver

cableguy417

lets say i do find gold/silver and dont want to keep it. what are my options? ebay? refiner? what about melting silver coins? any answers would be great. thanks keith

I would absolutely hold it unless you needed the cash. Silver has dropped a bit lately. But I am convinced will soon reach the 15 dollar per ounce soon. But I am talking non-collectable coins. Key silver dates and such are so volatile anymore, grading et al. Dealers may give you 70 percent of value of a key coin and would vary of course. Ebay would be a source. I guess the bottom line is I would hold on to my finds. They dont eat much laying in a folder.

Good question, never really thought about what I would do................If your collection is big enough I guess I would consider setting up at a flea market or two, at least you would walk away with cash in hand and not have the hassle with a return from an ebay sale.........

cableguy417 said:
lets say i do find gold/silver and dont want to keep it. what are my options? ebay? refiner? what about melting silver coins? any answers would be great. thanks keith

I think you should ask Rusty what to do with it! :lol: :P

There are jewlery shops that will buy junk gold or silver. They will buy the coins at close to the price of silver.

This page will give you a rough idea about how much your coins are worth in melt.

http://www.coinflation.com/silver_coin_values.html

One night i was bored so i added up the total Ounces of silver in the coins I had. Just in coins I have about 20 ounces of silver. Some of my coins are worth more numismatically but if i ever went crazy and sent them in for melt, that would be about $260 in silver melt at $13/oz

Back
Top Bottom