• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

First trip with Fisher F4!

starspun

Everywhere and anywhere....fulltiming on an RV!
Hi everyone!

I got my F4 from Tony the other week, wheeee, I've been having fun! For the first bit I was just testing it out/learning the ropes. Found a dime in my friends driveway, and a whole lot of bottle caps at their campfire. Go figure huh! :lol:

Anyway, my first 'real trip' was at Brackley Beach in PEI. I didn't want to go near the crowd at first so I took off in a more 'deserted' direction. A couple of dimes, two bobby pins, a couple of bottle caps, and then I decided to brave the crowd!

First a group of kids came to ask me what I was doing. One asked if I was hunting dinosaur bones. Too cute. They all wanted to dig, so I set them on it while I tried to lose them. No such luck. Finally, their mom came, and it was time to go home. Phew.

Another woman came up to me and asked what I was looking for. I used the 'anything I can find' answer but it just lead to more questions. Hilarious. As most people we're heading home along the boardwalk, I managed to find a toonie! (For those of you who don't know, a toonie is Canadas $2 coin). Oh boy, was I ever happy!!!! Over $2, for heavens sake! Some kids shouted down and asked what I had found, and when I told them they started freaking out and yelling 'she found a toonie she found a toonie!!!!'. It was all very silly, but rather entertaining.

I cannot WAIT to take this thing to Miami Beach. By then, I might have me another unit that can handle going in salt water....:spin:

Oh, I also forgot to mention. I burried two pennies at a park beside a friends house right when I had become interested in metal detecting. At a get together the other night, we all went to the park pretty loaded and tried to find the pennies....SUCCESS! I'm sure the neighbours were wondering what all the hoopla was about....they would have never guessed it was over 2 cents....:lol:

:-)

Cat

The Adventure

Cat, I get the impression that you are into this hobby as much for the adventure as you are the hunt and finds. Great job with the F4. Keep those post coming.

Cat,
It's ALWAYS about the adventure for those of us with that dreaded, often terminal, thing called wanderlust, right???
Enjoy the new toy !! Let us know all your finds, I am still waiting for my first !!:shock:
RSB

Back
Top Bottom