A Quiet Day In The Park.

CyberSage

Elite Member
I had just a short time to hunt today. So I went to a local park this afternoon. It is called oddly enough "City Park". Hunted this place many times. It is a big park with lots of obscure out-of-the-way places. I chose an older part of the park with lots of shade trees and started swing'in. I kind of did something a little different today. I chose areas than didn't look like they would be good spots. I decided if this park is hunted like crazy, then do the opposite of what a person metal detecting would do. I hunted for about 2 1/2 hours and had a lot of fun. I enjoyed the people looking at me as I detected in the planters. :lol: I went way out in the middle of the park and stayed away from the edges, away from activity. I went to the quiet areas. Anyway It worked out pretty good, very relaxing. I even found some silver! Here is the take for the hunt.

SilverBear.jpg

Found 2 Sac Dollars in 1 hole! That was fun. :tumble:

SilverBear1.jpg

Near the end of the hunt I found this nice silver piece stamped .925

Just thought I would share.

Keep Swing'in
Jack

Nice haul as usual Jack. I'm hoping to get a break in the heat down here in Florida, so I can get the DFX out for a check swing. The way it's going, it'll be the beach with the PI Pro though. BTW, Thanks for your help with the DFX.

Nice going Jack. Two Sacs in one hole is a nice drop. You sould have some good places to hunt up your way with Ft. Collins and Greeley being 19th century towns with cattle barons going thru.

HH
G.

Good haul Cyber - and good thinking. I have done that exact thing myself - look for places that other detectorists would think there couldn't be anything there. WTG on the 2 Sacs - unusual in one day, Steve in so az

You only had a short time to hunt and you found all that. That's amazing.

If you don't stop to dig Dime and penny hits you can cover a lot of ground. I use the Bigfoot, and Cherry picked. Until you use a Bigfoot coil the results of my hunts that I post seem a little unrealistic. I go back and hit the same sites and dig everything on other hunts. I never got close to what I find now before I started using this coil.:yes:

Keep Swing'in
Jack

Nice haul! You have a point on the pennies, I dig lots of them, and end up never finishing a location. I cherry pick parking lots, and that is the closest to a 50 coin day I have ever gotten. I ask to MD a local sports complex, and was told to go ahead, but "this place is covered in retired guys the morning after any event with thier metal detectors". I may need to try your technique there. Thanks for sharing the knowledge, and the pics.

cb

If you don't stop to dig Dime and penny hits you can cover a lot of ground. I use the Bigfoot, and Cherry picked. Until you use a Bigfoot coil the results of my hunts that I post seem a little unrealistic. I go back and hit the same sites and dig everything on other hunts. I never got close to what I find now before I started using this coil.:yes:

Keep Swing'in
Jack
I actually have a Bigfoot. Tried it last summer in a trashy forrest preserve. Never found so much can-slaw so fast. That was the last time I used it (as well as my IDX Pro). But since I've discovered volley ball courts, I think I'll give them another try.

Nice haul Cybersage! Nice quarter count, and the Sacs help the total add up. That's also a realy nice sterling charm. My wife thinks it's part of the Precious Momements line???

Back
Top Bottom