Western Ma. New To Metal Detecting looking for hunting partner or group

redhorse819

Hi Everyone. My name is Kevin, Vietnam Vet, live in a Vet's Home in Western Ma. Looking for someone in my area to go metal detecting. Too much time on my hands, like to get out there digging.

Last edited:
Thank you GKL for the welcome and info. The last time I found silver, I was in my twenty's bought a metal detector with a 12inch loop powered by am radio found a standing 1945 mercury dime between the roots of an old oak tree. anxious to go detecting, after watching alot of metal detecting videos.
Thank you again for the welcome
Kevin

Welcome Kevin! Mostly a beach hunter here from Santa Cruz, CA.

Your user name, Redhorse, does that allude to the Air Force construction guys. I remember hearing about them when I was an active duty Seabee back in '69 - '73

Hello X-Terra70
Thank you for the welcome. What relics do you find in Australia?

Rising sun badges from the wars, pre-decimal coins (shillings, pennies, half pennies, three and six pences, gold sovereigns etc), old silver cutlery, relics from army camps...

The list goes on, but old army camps and homesteads can be very productive. In a lot of gold bearing parts of the country, you can find old items left behind the 'old timers', or the first gold prospectors. In the past, I've found old bottles, horseshoes, old cooking equipment like kettles, plates, tins and salt and pepper shakers and the bottom part of an old shovel. Dad recently found a very very old pickaxe, which is quite cool! :)

What type of hunting are you interested in? Relic or beach hunting or coin shooting?

Thank you!!! Woodz71, BBsGal, and GeneralQuarters, for the Welcome.It was an honor to serve, for our beautiful country. It will be a greater honor to find some relics from the wars in the U.S.A.

Welcome from Massachusetts! Thank you for your service!!
There are quite a few folks here from the western and central part of the state, I'm sure you'll find someone to hunt with.
Best of luck and Happy Hunting!

Back
Top Bottom