5 silvers and 9 wheats

off the iron

Elite Member
Got out Sunday, 6-18-17, for a few hours and battled the heat. I was able to get the coil over 5 silver dimes, 9 wheat's, and 2 CO sales tax tokens.

Silver dimes
1926 D Merc
1939 Merc
1944 D Merc
1944 D Merc
1952 D Rosie

The 17" coil for the CTX really impressed me on this hunt, been using it for the majority of my outings this year. 3 of the silver dimes were 9" plus deep and very iffy in the extremely dry hard packed ground. So if your debating yourself on picking one up I would recommend it.

The clad and wheat's were unreadable even after a good cleaning, so I immediately tumbled them. Never have tumbled any wheat pennies before, I just like the way they look dug but these were in very tough shape.

Attachments

• 1 - Copy.jpg
    1 - Copy.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 443
  • 5 - Copy.jpg
    5 - Copy.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 408
  • 6 - Copy.jpg
    6 - Copy.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 413
  • 7 - Copy.jpg
    7 - Copy.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 405
WOW, nice hunt and congratulations on all the silver. These type of hunts will spoil you, lol

Just about an exact mirror of my own hunt on the same day with the same setup. Uncanny,isn't it? Great job! That 17" coil will make you think about big coils a bit and what they can or cannot do. As long as you can swing it, it will find you stuff. Good stuff!

A very nice outing Liam. My sediments exactly with the thoughts on the CTX and the 17n in coil. The setup will be hard to beat. Congrats on the 5 Silver dimes and all the rest. Jack

Great hunting! I'm looking forward to trying the 17" out, only have used the stock so far, so dang expensive though. Happy hunting!

Back
Top Bottom