FINALLY!! A Gold and Some Unique Treasure

Scuba, I have been told that the ring you found is called a "Trojan ring". I have found one a few years ago but mine is Sterling silver with the black stone like dirtydog had mentioned.

Attachments

• IMG_0232.jpg
    IMG_0232.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 67
Scuba, I have been told that the ring you found is called a "Trojan ring". I have found one a few years ago but mine is Sterling silver with the black stone like dirtydog had mentioned.

Super cool ring Scuba - I was just about to concur that the soldier is definitely Greek or apparently Trojan as Roman's wore different style helmets. Super jelly man!!

We found what the tag is! Before ID cards and drivers licenses there were no ID's for civilians. So this was made to fill the gap. You paid a dollar for the service.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_vaul..._scheme_to_offer_civilian_identification.html

Too bad I will probably never know who it belonged to and their story.

Very cool! Google books has captured some of the old directories, so it might be possible to ID the owner, but it would take a lot of searching and might not be productive. A neat piece of history in any case!

Hi Scub,
Wow what great finds. The lock is very cool and I'd like to find one like that myself. The tag is stellar. I can only imagine what that is and can't wait until you find out. Now for the ring. I'm glad you found some gold. But you also found a old ring. Short story if I may? When I was 5 year old my Mother gave my Dad a ring just like that and I'll soon be 67. When Dad passed , my mother gave all the sons something of Dad's. I chose the ring because I can remember the day Mom gave it to him and he wore it till just before he passed at 92. What I have learned from jewelers is the rings were made between 1954 until around 1963. There were a lot of versions made but the most popular were a black stone, a gray and a almost black with a tint of red that when new only showed the red in the bright light. I deal with a number of Pawn shops and always look for them I've only found one other of the original old rings and a pawn shop owner wears it and it belonged to his Dad and was purchased by his Mother around 1960. That is a beautiful old vintage ring that shouldn't be sold for scrap. Just check ebay. The old ones bring a good price. Mine is priceless. That's the best find I've seen in a long time. But I'm a sentimental old fart. Great find my friend. Dad's ring in the original box.
Found one a month ago that the jeweler dated late 1800's, a mourning ring with the the Greek solder but he is not stone. He's wood...and it's a females ring..9k

That's awesome right there Scuba! I have to admit, my favorite is the Berlin bracelet.

I believe a soldier got that right after WW2 while stationed there. Possibly for his wife or girlfriend? I wish it was silver but it is totally unique because that was the start of the cold war, when Germany was first divided.

Thanks for the comments all. Going out again today to see what other crazy things might be hiding.

That tag is of great interest! Excellent find Dee!...might be worth some money even ...:?:

Well Mark Parker with W&E Treasures values it at 10 - 15 dollars. I can almost retire on that if I found one ever hour!

Got to go find more! Where is that sunken Spanish Galleon that was visiting Detroit? Has to be out there somewhere.

Nice old Gold Scubadude! :cool:
I have that same type ring (roman soldier) with a hematite stone that was my grandfathers.

Back
Top Bottom