New in MN

TroJanClan

Hi. My name is Troy and I just started metal detecting this year. I bought a used Bounty hunter quick silver and a cheap bounty hunter pin pointer about 3 months ago. I have hammered my yard with them and have decided to upgrade all ready (to a degree) I ordered a nokta pinpointer (that didn't work straight out of the box) so I sent that back and got a Garrett Pro-Pointer AT instead. Love it. I also ordered a Teknetics Delta 4000 received that and have to send that back as well. (it won't turn off) but just exchanged it for the same model. Haven't hit too many places yet. Wanted to learn to cut good plugs in my yard before i moved on. I Have detected my moms yard as well looking for my late fathers wedding band. Did not find it but didn't stay out too long because the mosquitoes where so bad but I plan on going back before the summers end. I live in Mankato which is considered a "No Dig" town I guess so that leaves me to permissions beaches and rivers. Happy hunting everyone!

Welcome to the crazy house Troy. Well at least the house where good people are crazy about detecting. I'm the only legally insane one here and they folks let me join in because the feel sorry for me. They don't know I'm too far gone to help. So again welcome from FL.

Hi. My name is Troy and I just started metal detecting this year. I bought a used Bounty hunter quick silver and a cheap bounty hunter pin pointer about 3 months ago. I have hammered my yard with them and have decided to upgrade all ready (to a degree) I ordered a nokta pinpointer (that didn't work straight out of the box) so I sent that back and got a Garrett Pro-Pointer AT instead. Love it. I also ordered a Teknetics Delta 4000 received that and have to send that back as well. (it won't turn off) but just exchanged it for the same model. Haven't hit too many places yet. Wanted to learn to cut good plugs in my yard before i moved on. I Have detected my moms yard as well looking for my late fathers wedding band. Did not find it but didn't stay out too long because the mosquitoes where so bad but I plan on going back before the summers end. I live in Mankato which is considered a "No Dig" town I guess so that leaves me to permissions beaches and rivers. Happy hunting everyone!
Welcome from central MN! What makes you say Mankato is a "no dig" town? I'd still hit the parks, we don't dig, we cut plugs :cool:

City Ordinance for Mankato Mn.

"Sec. 14.03. - Prohibited Conduct Generally.

Subd. 2. Dig or remove any soil, rock, sand, stones, trees, shrubs or plants or other wood or materials, or make any excavation by tool, equipment, blasting or other means or agency.

Subd. 3. Construct or erect any building or structure of whatever kind, whether permanent or temporary, or run or string any public service utility into, upon, or access such lands, except on special written permit issued hereunder.

Subd. 4. Damage, cut, carve, mark, transplant or remove any plant, or injure the bark, or pick flowers or seed of any tree or plant, dig in or otherwise disturb grass areas, or in any other way injure the natural beauty or usefulness of any area."

Back
Top Bottom