No coins today, but rings and a bullet!

volksbeetle28

Coins are what I like to hunt and didn't get any today, but finally got gold from this park. I just knew there had to be one somewhere. It's marked 18k and has a sideways m or w. Also got what I think is a civil war pistol bullet and a smashed sterling silver ring. I'm afraid that if I try to straighten it, it's gonna break. I'll take it. Happy hunting to all!
24c068753147c26ba4473aaf975ef35e.jpg
2cfda1e1663dcbb84a2c7ed06861c3ed.jpg
04444c8887ebe44f2e65656479097b57.jpg
7301349729ac0370e6d7ceeafeca1e59.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice! The squished one may be late 1800's or early 1900's - going by the design. I would have thought a good jeweller could reshape it.

The smashed up ring can be re shaped. The Sterling ring is from Uncas Mfg. The hallmark was used from 1920-1988.

Congrats with the great finds!

Looks like a great hunt even if you didn't get any coins! Love those rings! I've found that exact bullet before in an old park here and wondered the same thing...

Coins are what I like to hunt and didn't get any today, but finally got gold from this park. I just knew there had to be one somewhere. It's marked 18k and has a sideways m or w. Also got what I think is a civil war pistol bullet and a smashed sterling silver ring. I'm afraid that if I try to straighten it, it's gonna break. I'll take it. Happy hunting to all!
24c068753147c26ba4473aaf975ef35e.jpg
2cfda1e1663dcbb84a2c7ed06861c3ed.jpg
04444c8887ebe44f2e65656479097b57.jpg
7301349729ac0370e6d7ceeafeca1e59.jpg

Nice finds!

Nice finds !:cool:
Thanks

Awesome finds...

That's 18k is a JR Woods piece, very nice..

<°)))>{
Thanks. Does that make it more valuable as opposed to melt?

Very nice finds

Thanks

Very nice! The squished one may be late 1800's or early 1900's - going by the design. I would have thought a good jeweller could reshape it.

The smashed up ring can be re shaped. The Sterling ring is from Uncas Mfg. The hallmark was used from 1920-1988.

Congrats with the great finds!
Thanks guys. I think I may have to bring it to a jeweler and have them reshape it.

Looks like a great hunt even if you didn't get any coins! Love those rings! I've found that exact bullet before in an old park here and wondered the same thing...
Yes I enjoyed the hunt very much. While I'm very green on civil war finds, I have found a minie ball and a couple other period items at this park that lead me to believe it's from the civil war.

Rings are sweet.

That is one beauty of an 18k. I'd be tempted to wear that one. Congrats!
Thanks guys. I can squeeze it on to my pinky but that's about it.

Melt, you are only going to get wholesale bullion price--as a ring, you can get the jewelry mark-up price, which is much higher than wholesale bullion (that is, if you sell it to the right person at the right price). You "own it" at the best price, which is zero, so whatever you sell it for is pure profit.

Melt, you are only going to get wholesale bullion price--as a ring, you can get the jewelry mark-up price, which is much higher than wholesale bullion (that is, if you sell it to the right person at the right price). You "own it" at the best price, which is zero, so whatever you sell it for is pure profit.

Answer is yes, in the case of JR. Woods, maybe double melt in the case of a small ring...

<°)))>{

J.R. Wood & Sons is the maker of the 18K, and Uncas made the sterling...congrats on the fine hunt!
Thanks guys. I do appreciate taking the time to educate me on jewelry. Don't find them very often but now I've got the taste, I need MORE!

Back
Top Bottom