Another Rosie Kind Of Day

beephead

Elite Member
The weather was absolutely perfect today and the ground was still soft from all the rain that we got this week. I had my heart set on a some big silver but it didn't happen. It comes in spurts, so it's about time for me to find some big silver. The trick is finding a yard with some in it.

The first yard that I detected was really small. I used my Omega with the 10 inch concentric search coil attached. I set the sensitivity at 70, the discrimination at 0, and used 4 tones. I grid searched the yard in one direction and didn't find anything except a bunch of clad coins and some junk. Then I grid searched the yard in the opposite direction and didn't find anything until I got down to last few strips. I got a soft high tone audio response and the ID numbers were rolling back and forth from 85 to 90. I was pretty sure it was going to be a silver dime. I dug down around 7 inches or so and popped a Mercury dime. It pays to grid search in both directions.

I went back over the entire yard again but this time with my Deus. I cornered a Rosie in some thick trash and iron using the 'Sifter' program. I really like using that program when the trash gets thick. It's not that deep, but it does a great job at unmasking targets in first 6 or 7 inches of dirt.

I hit another site on my way home and found a Rosie on my first dig, but it went down hill from there. I guess that was the only piece of silver that got dropped in that yard.

beephead

Attachments

• IMG_0152.jpg
    IMG_0152.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0153.jpg
    IMG_0153.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0154.jpg
    IMG_0154.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0155.jpg
    IMG_0155.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0158.jpg
    IMG_0158.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0159.jpg
    IMG_0159.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0160.jpg
    IMG_0160.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0161.jpg
    IMG_0161.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 79
Nice. I'm dying to get out, but my dang back is acting up again. Ground and weather are perfect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice. I'm dying to get out, but my dang back is acting up again. Ground and weather are perfect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks! People can't fully comprehend how bad back pain is unless they are currently having severe back pain. I mostly just experience a little soreness all over, not severe back pain. One time I went to bed and woke up with severe back pain. It was so bad I barely could get out of bed and I couldn't straighten up. It was awful! I called my doctor to get some pain pills, because it hunt so much. I was prescribed some prednisone instead. The pain went away almost immediately. I don't know what caused the pain, but I sure don't want to go through that again. I feel for you!

beephead

Back
Top Bottom