back in the 1700 club again

3ZIGS

I pulled this not to far away from the area of where i found the 1787 2 real. i nabbed a couple of silver quarters and a merc. this is my first silver haul with the etrac. I was using Quick Mask with it set at 16-43 more so cherry picking. i was swinging very slow. i'm probably not using it properly but it worked for that day. should i set the quick mask pattern in the smart find mode?

It has the date of 1799 and is the size of a nickel. not sure what exactly i have but its old and worn down.

thanks for looking
keep up the great work fellas!

Attachments

• IMG_20140527_115058.jpg
    IMG_20140527_115058.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 885
  • IMG_20140527_115108.jpg
    IMG_20140527_115108.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 835
Nice find! Sounds like you have a great spot!

Just my $0.000002 but I think that slowing your swing past a certain point is detrimental. Detectors are motion based and need movement to tell the difference in target composition.

I may be crazy but I feel that a medium swing speed works best for me. Even a tad faster with a small coil.

Nice find! Sounds like you have a great spot!

Just my $0.000002 but I think that slowing your swing past a certain point is detrimental. Detectors are motion based and need movement to tell the difference in target composition.

I may be crazy but I feel that a medium swing speed works best for me. Even a tad faster with a small coil.

I appreciate that I had about a 3 second swing going. Ill remember to try speeding it up with my smaller coil to test that out

Your best bet is to bury a coin and try various swing speeds to see which works best and gives the better, deeper signal. The Minelabs do tend to be slower than say Whites and Fisher but going to slow, as others have said, will hurt depth sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom