CRH: A Search Through One Roll of Pennies

Princess

Elite Member
Those of you who follow coin roll hunting threads may have figured out that it's mainly my brother, Wolf-Dog, who invests in this hobby, and I who frequently join him in his coin roll hunts. However, occasionally I'll search through a roll of pennies for myself. That's what I did yesterday, while Wolfie searched through his nickles & dimes.

My excitement was aroused when I saw the reverse of this wheat cent near the beginning of the roll. It's only the second one I've found CRHing, so I'm quite elated! I'm thanking the Lord for giving me the opportunity to find this. (By the way, it's a '54 D.)

Happy hunting & God bless! :grin:
Sept CRH Wheatie (Obverse - Resized).jpg Sept CRH Wheatie (Reverse - Resized).jpg.jpg

Love those wheaties, for me it’s a cheap thrill!

When I was roll hunting silver, I’d buy a $25 box of cents for my ten year old daughter to pour through, the average for a box was about 10 wheats...sadly, social media devices stole her interest in coins later on, but she sure had fun while it lasted -

Congrats!

<°)))>{
Thank you, Ice Scratcher! :thumbsup:

Love those wheaties, for me it’s a cheap thrill!

When I was roll hunting silver, I’d buy a $25 box of cents for my ten year old daughter to pour through, the average for a box was about 10 wheats...sadly, social media devices stole her interest in coins later on, but she sure had fun while it lasted -
Indeed, gaining a new coin at face value is something that's hard to beat! Perhaps sometime in the future your daughter will pick up the hobby again. :)

Seeing a wheat penny in a CRH must be just as exciting as pulling one from the dirt! I recently dug my 300th wheat cent! I hope you find many more!

Seeing a wheat penny in a CRH must be just as exciting as pulling one from the dirt! I recently dug my 300th wheat cent! I hope you find many more!
Thank you, Stiffwrists, and a big congrats on your 300th! :wow2: It is a lot of fun finding a wheat cent in a roll; although, to me, there's nothing quite like that thrill of uncovering something good from the dirt, you know? :D

P.S. Your 2018 totals in your signature are fantastic! Nice work! :thumbsup:

Congrats on the wheatie! :woot: I always get excited about finding a wheat. :grin: I had a lot of fun CRHing with you. :yes:
Thanks, Wolfie; you know how I enjoy our hunts as well. :yes:

Princess! Congrats on your wheatie find! They are fun to come across!

Check KT's hunt this week for His Royal Big Penny recovery! :laughing::laughing:
The princess doth most certainly value thy gracious words!
Moreover, she counteth it a privilege
that his majesty wouldst deem worthy of his congratulations
her most humble penny.
:D

Congrats on the wheat penny. :grin:
Thanks! I still have yet to find one (whether metal detecting or coin roll hunting) that is older than yours. :D But that's okay!

Last edited:
I found a wheat penny metal detecting once. It was right around the corner of my house, up a few streets. Don't know whatever happened to it. Now I have two wheat pennies as I save them when I come across them.

I found a wheat penny metal detecting once. It was right around the corner of my house, up a few streets. Don't know whatever happened to it. Now I have two wheat pennies as I save them when I come across them.
Get back out there! My second year out I dug close to 500 wheats. Third year, 400, and so on...they are crazy plentiful!

Wheaties are lots of fun to find, whether in a coin roll, underground, or in cash. Like you, I save every one that I can get my hands on. :grin: I'll pray that you will find many more! :thumbsup:

Congrats on that nice , clean , wheatie . It's a nice change from the crusty , old , nasty looking ones .The only wheats I like better are the dug ones that were dropped new and have that beautiful green patina .

Congrats on that nice , clean , wheatie . It's a nice change from the crusty , old , nasty looking ones .The only wheats I like better are the dug ones that were dropped new and have that beautiful green patina .
I know just what you mean. While I enjoy metal detecting even more than I do coin roll hunting, an advantage of the latter is that the coins are typically in nicer condition. However, I really like the dug ones, too - and it's fun to wonder about their stories. "How did this end up there in the ground?" :grin:

Back
Top Bottom