Exchanged 80 Bucks in Dug Clad For...

Stiffwrists

Elite Member
Exchanged $80 in dug clad for...30 Standing Quarters. Went to a local coin show this morning and did a little bartering. I've found that you can find some really nice buys at those shows. Some dealers moving silver coins not much over melt. I've always liked Standing Liberty quarters (even slick ones). Found a guy willing to let 30 go for my 80 dollars. Quite a fun morning.

I also made a great deal on a $50,000,000,000 bill from Zimbabwe. Got it for $1 US. Lol. We all know I got ripped off on that deal, but a fun conversation piece.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• 20181013_143103_resized.jpg
    20181013_143103_resized.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 271
  • 20181013_144412_resized.jpg
    20181013_144412_resized.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 287
Silver is always nice and you got those for within a few cents of current melt value ! :thumbsup:

http://cointrackers.com/standing-liberty-quarter-dollars/

quote from the above link:

"These excelent coins were minted in 90% silver and the current melt value is $2.64, this number is based off current spot price and silver content. The melt value of $2.64 is updated every 15 minutes (when the markets are open Mon-Fri)."

Also: Just be careful not to pull out that $50,000,000,000 bill from Zimbabwe by mistake to pay for something at the store :laughing:

Dude, that's crazy! I mean, not even sane! You should've dropped the whole clad bag on those big Zimbabwe bucks! Big with a "B"!!! Wow, you really blew it! For what? A handful of shiny? :laughing:

Good buy on the SLQ's. I do the same thing with my clad at the end of the hunt season....cash it in for silver. And like you, I only buy my silver at coin shows because that's where the best deals are...….silver coins just barely over melt.

Great trade! Now If you don’t mind, can you take them by the handful and throw them out in the woods near my house?

Great trade! Now If you don’t mind, can you take them by the handful and throw them out in the woods near my house?

Haha. C'mon now! That wouldnt be any fun! They ARE hard (at least for me) to find in the wild. I've only found one in the dirt.

Good buy on the SLQ's. I do the same thing with my clad at the end of the hunt season....cash it in for silver. And like you, I only buy my silver at coin shows because that's where the best deals are...….silver coins just barely over melt.

It's true, although you have to look around before you make the deal. At this particular show, there were other vendors selling no date SLQ for 4 dollars each, and another one for 7 dollars each! The table that I bought these from had a bin of cull quarters for 2.80 each. I dug out all the SLQ from amongst the GW and came up with 30. I offered 80 bucks for the lot and he accepted.

Last edited:
Good deal buying silver with dug clad, those were right at melt, and probably carry a slight premium because they are SLQ’s.
Was at a show yesterday, 12 x face was best I could find.
Can have it delivered to my door free for 11.7 x face from Provident.

Back
Top Bottom