!st time this year

grinsebring

Global Moderator
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
First time water hunting since oct. With the main beach closed to swimmers
the other side of the lake is full on weekends. The water is still low, and you can walk out 150 yards before water gets waist high. The first pic was around 7:45 this morning. Looks a bit gray. The detectable part of the water is big enough for 4 football fields easy. I covered an area the size of a tennis court. I saw a five foot gator first thing. Not worried about him just his daddy. Mating season starts NOW, so ya gotta keep an eye out. Snakes, worry me more than gators. Water mocs are nothing to mess with, so stay away from grassy areas. See left of picture. Found 4 rings and a lot of change, plus the usual trash. One ring gold plated w/ red stone, 1 14k with blue stone, and 1 baby ring 925. The fourth was junk. The Beach Hunter ID performed well after the long layoff.
Gil

Attachments

• 102_0076.JPG
    102_0076.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 608
  • 102_0077.JPG
    102_0077.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 665
  • 102_0081.JPG
    102_0081.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 587
Nice digs Gil. It looks like you're off to a great start for the water-hunting season.

Last edited:
Nice finds Gil.... yep, watch out for the moccasins. Gators not likely to bother you if you are standing and moving.... I did say not 'likely'... :D RickO

What?

Snakes and gators and you still went in - Your a better man than me - my photo of the beach would have been from a telephoto lens:lol::lol::lol:

Nice rings Gil!! Good hunting.. The Wake pitched a good one today, they needed that.. The number 42 on everyones uniform threw me off for a couple innings..

Bruce

Nice rings Gil!! Good hunting.. The Wake pitched a good one today, they needed that.. The number 42 on everyones uniform threw me off for a couple innings..

Bruce

Wake did a good job Bruce,Can't let my wife see this post......shhhh she's coming to the room, BIG TIME YANKEE FAN!!?? :lol: Gil nice hit WTG!!

First time water hunting since oct. With the main beach closed to swimmers
the other side of the lake is full on weekends. The water is still low, and you can walk out 150 yards before water gets waist high. The first pic was around 7:45 this morning. Looks a bit gray. The detectable part of the water is big enough for 4 football fields easy. I covered an area the size of a tennis court. I saw a five foot gator first thing. Not worried about him just his daddy. Mating season starts NOW, so ya gotta keep an eye out. Snakes, worry me more than gators. Water mocs are nothing to mess with, so stay away from grassy areas. See left of picture. Found 4 rings and a lot of change, plus the usual trash. One ring gold plated w/ red stone, 1 14k with blue stone, and 1 baby ring 925. The fourth was junk. The Beach Hunter ID performed well after the long layoff.
Gil

Nice Haul there Gil

Next time that you go I will do some looking in the sandy areas on the Lake. Just let me know about it

Snakes and gators and you still went in - Your a better man than me - my photo of the beach would have been from a telephoto lens:lol::lol::lol:

LOL that lake is not near as bad as a lot of them, it is grown up and mostly urban areas but it does have gators and snakes. Now if he had went to lake Arbuckle or Istokpoka you might not ever see anything from Gil again

great finds! a good start for the year. But I'm glad I don't have to worry about gators!

Gators are usually not a problem unless it is mating season (that just started and lasts a couple of months) Usually they will swim away from you unless it is a big 12 footer, then I'd be careful and get out of his way. But they will keep the Snow Bird Metal detectors off the beaches lol:lol:

Back
Top Bottom