Closed 2015 nicely...over 18.5 ounces in December

ace250

December is typically my best month and this year was especially nice. I ended up with just over 18.5 troy ounces of silver and nearly 100 silver coins. Good variety but the bulk was 40% half dollars.

Hoping for a great 2016 for everyone! What a great hobby!

That's a great month! KT came nowhere near that in December! HA HA

After seeing your video, I do not think you have any proofs...those shiny Kens probably were dumped from mint fresh rolls, proofs typically have frosted heads on the obverse and frosted eagles on the reverse with mirror fields...and for Kens, the obvious S mint mark...proof Kens were all minted in San Francisco, none outta Denver or Philly mints.

KT suggests you may enjoy the newest edition of the Red Book from your local coin dealer or book store. That book gives great details on all US coins, not just Kens, but is invaluable for learning about mintages, and what coins are really low mintage or unusual to come across. it also has some of the recognized mint errors for certain issues and years.

Wishing you great CRHing luck in 2016....and glad you are not around here competing with His Majesty! :laughing::laughing:

Those finds are very impressive!

But a video? You must feel secure in your roll hunting to not breed competition.
Or you just don't care. Cool!

Thanks. two of them were in the same box along with some Franklins. It was an exciting box to say the least!

That's a great month! KT came nowhere near that in December! HA HA

After seeing your video, I do not think you have any proofs...those shiny Kens probably were dumped from mint fresh rolls, proofs typically have frosted heads on the obverse and frosted eagles on the reverse with mirror fields...and for Kens, the obvious S mint mark...proof Kens were all minted in San Francisco, none outta Denver or Philly mints.

KT suggests you may enjoy the newest edition of the Red Book from your local coin dealer or book store. That book gives great details on all US coins, not just Kens, but is invaluable for learning about mintages, and what coins are really low mintage or unusual to come across. it also has some of the recognized mint errors for certain issues and years.

Wishing you great CRHing luck in 2016....and glad you are not around here competing with His Majesty! :laughing::laughing:
Thanks for the info KT. i probably should get a red book.

Back
Top Bottom