got a call from my bank just now (CRH)

351maverick

Elite Member
the branch manager of one of the branches of my credit union called just now

...the bag of half dollars just filled up from the coin machine...and do I want to buy it for $1000....well HECK YEAH

I do this all the time - be nice to the tellers & managers & they will be VERY nice to you!

so it's sitting in the vault waiting for me to pick it up in about 24 minutes

Good Luck with that bag. Let's hope that lots of people cashed in coins for their Christmas spending. : ) Let us know how it comes out.

...the bag of half dollars just filled up from the coin machine...and do I want to buy it for $1000....well HECK YEAH

I do this all the time - be nice to the tellers & managers & they will be VERY nice to you!

Bring some home-made cookies or premium candies. Walgreens or CVS always have deals on GOOD candy....don't be cheap. These relationships are hard to find!

Love those bags of halves. My bank is still sitting at a little over $700 in the bag. Been waiting for this bag for a long time, as it fills slowly.

Good luck with yours. Bags have had silver every time in my experience.

well that was not my best bag, but not bad either:

one 64
two Benjamins
nine 40%ers
a whopping 25(!) $2 Canadian coins (I love those)
a nice 2011 & 73s

and a whole bunch of junk...but that's ok - makes it interesting...plus I could have a free beer at just about any bar/club in this town with the number of tuits in these bags lol

only other big foreign coin is a 94 eire...pretty cool

DSC02298.jpg

DSC02299.jpg

DSC02302.jpg

DSC02301.jpg

DSC02303.jpg

DSC02304.jpg

What the hell are the packing them full of .... ???

I'd be taking back the tokens n junk and remind the bank about them..ofcourse id keep the sweeties but whoever brought that bag in was offloading their junk and didn't realize they had some treasures in their too

this bag came straight out of the coin counter - the sorter only sorts by size, and does not discriminate at all

....so all of that "junk" gets through

BUT I've used the tuits at bars, or given them to friends who are the members of the clubs - the one in the pic is from a local golf course & is marked $5 on the back

plus the big foreign coins are allways interesting

I like finding the other stuff in these bags...you NEVER know what you might find

25 $2 toonies? :wow:

Since the exchange rate is almost 1=1 for US and Canadian dollars, $50 right there for you. I would think your bank would exchange those for ya!!

25 $2 toonies? :wow:

Since the exchange rate is almost 1=1 for US and Canadian dollars, $50 right there for you. I would think your bank would exchange those for ya!!

they would....but I have a collection growing - I spend them in Niagara Falls Canadian side) every year - there's a KILLER Brazillian steakhouse called Brasa that will be seeing all of them!

So you were shorted $8 by the tokens and buttons, not counting the Canadian $2 pieces...?? That sucks. That's almost 1% of the bag. I guess the good stuff will make you forget about the junk though.

so jealous. My teller was going to let me buy theirs, but the manager refused to allow them to be sold. :mad: :roll:

Back
Top Bottom