Needed a Sampson "T" handle holster and a better "finds" pouch, so...

Ice Scratcher

Elite Member
I had these items setting around from when I used to help out some siding/home improvement jobs with friends for some extra cash.. (before wife and kids lol)...

The re-purposed tool pouch and belt, features, broke off hammer loops (on purpose) and four main big pouches.. The "T" holster was made with an ancillary hammer loop I already had, that I took the loop off of and attached a piece of sheet stainless and some bent steel stock, I used t-nuts on the back side...

Used it all today and yesterday, very nice! I used to carry everything in a small plastic bucket.. It did work for a while but I like the new pouch.. The Sampson make plugs a breeze!

<*)))>{

1-2.jpg

2-4.jpg

Nice job.:yes:
Buzz made mine for the Sampson and it really helps. Agree with you on the plugs. Makes a huge difference.

Thanks Patton!

I saw the one that Buzz makes and those are really nice!!

If I did not have the stuff sitting around to do it, I would go the Buzz route for sure...

<*)))>{

Nice setup! The Sampson T-handle is almost the perfect shovel. It is very low profile for a shovel, I feel like I'm not attracting to much attention in parks. I dug an 1880 Indian 1 Cent at a park with mine this weekend, my oldest coin so far.

Like the idea

I have the same sampson digger and just carry in my hand but I like what you did with yours and think I will give it a try.I hunt alot of wood so I might need to add a velcro strap to keep it in place ,Thanks for posting and the idea
I think it will work.
Nice job.

I have a question. Does it slap against your leg when you walk? That was my only concern in doing something similar. Thanks!

I have only used my holster on two hunts so far.. I am not sure if I have learned the "right spot" on my belt yet... But if I am swinging the coil, I was moving slower and not a problem at all.... But I can walk fast when not swinging 3-4 mph, and I found that if I wanted to walk really fast I would be better off carrying it.. Otherwise it would bump my calf.. A strap to keep it on for long hikes that include stepping over tree trunks might be a help also...

I the woods I don't mind keeping it in my hand.. In the grass/park areas is where I like to keep it on my side for a low-profile, I use it to cut a flap for most holes and a smaller digger once the flap is open... But I have used it to chase deep targets in the woods also.. Pulled a block of brass about the size of a 1/3rd stick of butter 1lb out of the woods, it was about 12-14" deep and I was loving my Sampson at that moment!!

Hope that helps.. good luck!!

<*)))>{

belt for shoulder?

Presently using a shoulder pouch.
Would you suggest switching to the belt type?

Presently using a shoulder pouch.
Would you suggest switching to the belt type?

I don't know where you're from, but I would not be able to stand having anything on me above my belt besides a light colored tee shirt, I already get too hot as it is...

I have a bullet proof vest with a bunch of pockets I might use this fall for hunting some really urban parks..

<*)))>{

Back
Top Bottom