Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Coiltek electronics
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > General Hobby Discussion

Old 12-15-2017, 11:04 AM
Elite Member

Default Iím thinking about buying me a Bounty Hunter Pro

Iíve used all the top end detectors but Iíve never used a lower end detector and I wanna see just what a bounty hunter can truly do in the hands of a experienced detectorist...I guess I qualify lol! I would like to find a few deeper iffy signals or masked signals that I think are coin signals with my ctx or deus and mark them then go over them with the bounty hunter and see how it performs. I am interested to see if any forum members here have done any testing like this??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YTD 2018 (327)Wheats (19)IHP (1)FE (1)Matron Head LC (8)V Nickel (12)Buffs (3)SLQís)(9)War Nickels (55)Silver coins (6)Silver jewelry (1)Gold, Oldest Coin Ch'ien (Qing) Lung T'ung Pao (1736 - 1796), Bao Yuan mint.

Old 12-15-2017, 11:20 AM
Supporter

In most outdoor pursuit oriented activities, It aint the bow, its the Indian, (within reason of course)...You should be fine CW...even with a paper plate taped to the end of a broom handle...hell, just gettin out with some understanding like you have.....you could eye hunt.....

Detecting is the study of Mankinds interaction with topography, the untrustworthiness of pockets, and metals desire to return to the Earth from whence it came.

Old 12-15-2017, 11:21 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by coin whisperer View post
Iíve used all the top end detectors but Iíve never used a lower end detector and I wanna see just what a bounty hunter can truly do in the hands of a experienced detectorist...I guess I qualify lol! I would like to find a few deeper iffy signals or masked signals that I think are coin signals with my ctx or deus and mark them then go over them with the bounty hunter and see how it performs. I am interested to see if any forum members here have done any testing like this??

Honestly,Iím i think your gonna be a little surprised at the results.Sure,for the money those top dollar machines should give you more info,and probably will.But I think your gonna see a bounty hunter find and identify those targets also,in a different way,with the information it is putting out.Different tones,different visual ID,but still telling you itís a good target and telling you what it thinks th target is.

Old 12-15-2017, 01:03 PM
Elite Member

Iím a bounty Hunter user. And so far I have been pleasantly surprised. I have found quite a few things but I know there are things deeper. I will gladly trade you my bounty Hunter for any of your machine so that you can use it as often as you would like

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-15-2017, 01:55 PM
Elite Member

Coin Whisper, I am certain that you will find the LRP will stand along side most all the non waterproof machines that cost double or better and on land will walk beside many of those water machines also. Mine has truly taken a front row slot in my arsenal. Please do as you said and give us a report.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-15-2017, 02:10 PM
Elite Member

Just me I guess but would not expect a lower end detector to keep up with a better detector....location though is 99% of success.

If it's there any detector will beep. I don't know to much about masking though sure a high end machine is handy.

Old 12-15-2017, 02:41 PM

The Land Ranger Pro is also available from Tekneticsdirect- Itís called the Ameritek Liberator (exactly the same machine). Go to their website for details.

Right now they are having a moving sale on it and the ďMinutemanĒ which is the same as the Eurotec Pro.

Liberator Ė Was $299. Now only $219 and free shipping!

Minuteman Ė Was $199. Now only $149 and free shipping!Ē

If you want one, you have to go online at Tekdirect and enter a coupon code. Your friendly Forum Sponsor Teknetics dealer can give you one - or you could PM me.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-15-2017, 03:41 PM

Try the treasure cove 1023, I paid 120 bucks for mine and I have picked quite a few good targets out of the trash with it, mostly clad but I have pulled some wheats out as well. Keith Southern did a video on it. I made a video on it also. I think I read in one of the forums that the Ausies were using them in the gold fields.

Old 12-15-2017, 03:43 PM
Elite Member

Ty guys for all the info. If I get one Iíll report back with my thoughts

YTD 2018 (327)Wheats (19)IHP (1)FE (1)Matron Head LC (8)V Nickel (12)Buffs (3)SLQís)(9)War Nickels (55)Silver coins (6)Silver jewelry (1)Gold, Oldest Coin Ch'ien (Qing) Lung T'ung Pao (1736 - 1796), Bao Yuan mint.

Old 12-15-2017, 05:40 PM
Elite Member

Well I bought it and Iíll post after a few hunts and give my thoughts on it

Old 12-16-2017, 12:14 PM

Tracker Pro is a decent detector for the price. Same as the Lone Star Pro but made specifically for Sams Club (where I am assuming you bought it).

They slapped the 7 inch concentric coil on it (a fantastic coil) from the Digitek.

Will hit to 6-7 inches in good soil.

There is a review video or two on YouTube.

Old 12-16-2017, 12:17 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by TheHunterGT View post
Tracker Pro is a decent detector for the price. Same as the Lone Star Pro but made specifically for Sams Club (where I am assuming you bought it).

They slapped the 7 inch concentric coil on it (a fantastic coil) from the Digitek.

Will hit to 6-7 inches in good soil.

There is a review video or two on YouTube.

Iím going to take it to a new permission today. A house built in 1922 and yes I bought it a sams club and yes Iíve watched your YouTube vid lol

Old 12-16-2017, 02:51 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by coin whisperer View post
Iím going to take it to a new permission today. A house built in 1922 and yes I bought it a sams club and yes Iíve watched your YouTube vid lol

Are you hitting all the good spots before I get over there to pillage? 🤣🤣

Old 12-16-2017, 02:52 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by jwp1964 View post
Are you hitting all the good spots before I get over there to pillage? 🤣🤣

Lol Iím trying too I called the lady but nobody answered so hopefully tommorrow

Old 12-17-2017, 02:41 PM
Supporter

Interested to see how this plays out. Are you going to follow up w a different detector in the same spot to see if the BH missed anything?

Old 12-17-2017, 03:01 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by SirFrancesDrake View post
Interested to see how this plays out. Are you going to follow up w a different detector in the same spot to see if the BH missed anything?

I will find a place and grid a area with the BH and then go back over it with the ctx