Snooze You Lose

fsa46

Forum Supporter
I was watching a GT on ebay that ended Sunday. It started off at $.99 and in four bids got up to $600.

I already had a new one on order but was interested in what this one would go for.

I sent the seller a PM and asked how old it was. He replied and told me it was a year old, still had two years left on the warranty, and that he bought it with his tax return money.

It stayed at $600. and I figured it was going to be a bidding war the last 5 minutes of the auction. Not so....that's what it ended up going for. An outstanding price for a 1 year old GT. imho

Why didn't you buy it for me Frank :laughing: With what I made last night plowing I could buy a new CTX and an Excal... my next detector will be a GT now that I know where to buy them new I also am thinking hard about that Excal1000 blue ;)

I Stopped

Shopping on eBay , when PayPal said I reached the 10k limit :shock:, and than they wanted my banking info, :shock:, they made money from me buying , had 2 credit cards on file, still wanted my info, no longer a PayPal customer, and eBay ,since payment is mostly through PayPal , never again, :mad: Earl

Shopping on eBay , when PayPal said I reached the 10k limit :shock:, and than they wanted my banking info, :shock:, they made money from me buying , had 2 credit cards on file, still wanted my info, no longer a PayPal customer, and eBay ,since payment is mostly through PayPal , never again, :mad: Earl

WOW, that's the first I 've heard of that Earl

What a pretty morning... and its going to start all over again tonight :yes:

White Gold :D

Attachments

• 004 (2).jpg
    004 (2).jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 438
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 433
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 437
Why didn't you buy it for me Frank :laughing: With what I made last night plowing I could buy a new CTX and an Excal... my next detector will be a GT now that I know where to buy them new I also am thinking hard about that Excal1000 blue ;)

You had your chance! I sent you a PM on Sunday telling you about this auction. You snooze, you lose!

the reason this is is to protect there selfs once u hit 10k they need your banking info incase something like what happen to be happens I use ot do a lot threw paypal and selling a lot till one day 5 years ago when I had did a series of sales acrossed 4 months totaling 7400$. loged in to find out that's all them sales where sold to a scam artiest in Russia had me shiping to address's in usa that matched the cards and all. but the card where stolen. now heres where it hurt me at . paypal automaticly removed the money from my account putting me at a 5300 negative with them now I fought this all the way to fed court and nothing could be done being Credit card froud is not as strict in Russia as here I had to pay paypal the 5300s back the only way to protect your self is any since transaction done for more then 500$ you need to get the insurance from paypal if u don't and there is multiple sales over 500 your responcible for the money the bank info is just to show your not using stole cards or anything so they don't loss major money

Still

I only bought, never sold, nobody get's my bank info, paypal looses my business along with ebay, don't care for their rules, gone, I bough 10k IN items , they made money off me, my credit is good, as far as scams, it's every were, if there is any false charges with a credit card, we don't pay, who is paypal to be different, just like they did you dirty, happy hunting, no big deal to me, don't miss Flea bay at all, Earl

You had your chance! I sent you a PM on Sunday telling you about this auction. You snooze, you lose!

Excuse me... do you know how many PMs I get a day? :laughing: I read it after the fact :lol: oh well... there will be other available :D

I have bought and sold quite a bit on Ebay. I don't use it as much lately now that CL is a little more popular. You can use a reserve if you want to make sure you reach a certain amount but many people won't bid on items that have a reserve. I don't remember the fee percentages and I think they changed the way the fees work but they used to charge you a percentage based on your starting fee among others. So if you list a Excal with a 99 cent starting cost it only cost you a few cents to list but if you started that same Excal at say $700 you would pay a much higher starting fee. Now we all know that there is no way that Excal would end at 99 cents and you'll get many bidders which in turn will attract more bidders. I have sold many high dollar items starting them at 99 cents to keep my fees down but at the same time I knew they would never end at 99 cents.
I don't know a darn thing about ebay but why would this bid start at just $.99?

Back
Top Bottom