• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Garrett's new waterproof pro-pointer! WANT.

I see alot of competitors out there now chomping at the bit....

4 years ago when I first started detecting it appeared to be the propointer or nothing for an independent hand held unit.

We shall see....

Yep, and that's great news for us! It means the companies have to keep making them better or cheaper to stay competitive.

Question: "Why hasn't there been some key, well known detectorists been endowed with one of these new pointers to test and report?" What positive sense does that make?

Martin, there may in fact be some well known detectorists out there putting the new device through a beta test phase. However, they may have signed an NDA with Garrett. Possibly because the specifications aren't finalized and these are pre-production units.

Papa

Yep, and that's great news for us! It means the companies have to keep making them better or cheaper to stay competitive.

Well lets hope in Garrett's case this time around its "making them better & cheaper"

Now did you find anything to back up your previous hysterical rant or are you over that now???

Mehhhhh never mind the water proofing, how about garrett just makes one that doesn't false when pressure is applied to it. I've gone through 3 GPPs already and I don't hunt that often.

OR.. just don't press on it. It's not a digger, its a pinpointer. You shouldn't be applying pressure to it at all. Pass it over the dirt, use your digger to hack the clods apart or dig the dirt out of the hole.

Nearly ten years on their first attempt and they never managed to get it right. Let's hope that all that practice will be reflected in any new products they manage to get out. Their marketing folks may be setting the stage for what is to come.

Come again? The Garrett PP is the best pointer on the market. I own two and haven't had a lick of problems with either one. It doesn't need anything fixed.

Come again? The Garrett PP is the best pointer on the market. I own two and haven't had a lick of problems with either one. It doesn't need anything fixed.

You are very fortunate. I am sure there are a hundred members here on this forum that will say that they feel that Garrett has yet to get it right when it comes to the Pro Pointer. When it works, it works well but getting one that works well has been the problem. There will be a lot of "hands on" at the consumer electronics show this week and I think we will start to see if the scale has been moved up any by those who are fortunate enough to attend that show. There has to be improvement because that is the only direction left for them to go with the new water proof version.

Attachments

• Not-Again-590x457.jpg
    Not-Again-590x457.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 321
ordered one from kellyco along with a small coil and extra shaft for my detector ,received everything but the pinpointer apparently its a pre order oops!! it cost me around 125.00,no clue when I'm getting it will call on Monday :(

Water proof the standard Pro Pointer.

You can wrap the button with electrical tape and make the current pin pointer water proof.

Back
Top Bottom