slump broke, sand moved happy new year

jmac

got out this weekend,it was cold sat afternoon(yeah im a fla sissy,compared to youall up north)anyway went to a little traveled beachand found mainly crusty coins (red and green for xmas i guess) havent cleaned them yet. did find a1919wheatie and a2kroner from denmark 1993.the strangest find was a2ring bullit.gonna have to research that. went for ashort hunt sunday at a local beach and found the 14 karet chain. it was a strange signal that i lost a few times,about twoand a half scoops down saw the end sticking outta the side of the hole, grabed it and pulled. it kept comming. did the happy dance(a few times)37.1g weight 14k i liked to keel over.hopefully more to come. hhgl

Attachments

• 20180107_190324_Film2.jpg
    20180107_190324_Film2.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 631
  • 20180107_190317_Film2.jpg
    20180107_190317_Film2.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 593
Oh man Congrats that is a honkin' chain! :wow: :cool:

I hear you about the funny signal, the last Gold rope chain I found sounded good then disappeared several time when I was scooping deep for it. Even came back sounding like iron before disappearing again.

You nailed that one great job!

That would probably make my day..... ;) Congrats, that's a great find!!!

I hear you about the funny signal, the last Gold rope chain I found sounded good then disappeared several time when I was scooping deep for it. Even came back sounding like iron before disappearing again.

hope to hear that funny signal alot more thanks

That would probably make my day..... ;) Congrats, that's a great find!!!

thanks its my first gold chain,still not believing its real

Congrats on what I hope for you is true yellow. I have tried to zoom in and get a good look at clasp area and jump ring because they look corroded for gold. I have found 2 different chains just like that ( same link ) etc that turned out to be fakes...gold plated over a base metal stamped 14K. Also, again its hard to tell but it looks like the jump ring is open. MOST real chains but not all have a soldered jump ring. Fakes dont solder because the heat melts the base metal below the plating. Just a few things for you to take a look at. Get yourself an acid test kit too. They always come in handy. I`m hoping though that you have the real stuff there....HH !

thanks its my first gold chain,still not believing its real
Congrats, again! Truly a nice find. As others mentioned, get it tested. I've found plated stuff stamped as real and real 10k that was not stamped and heavily corroded.

Monster chain ... Congrats...

Had the same experience this summer. Scratchy broken signal and then it disappeared.
Glad I kept digging.

HH
Donna(NJ)

chain update

thanks all for the kind words.had the chain checked and its real 14k. still dont believe i found it.in all my excitement forgot to say the little chain with cross is marked 925.work is real busy so i cant get out again till this weekend and its supposed to get cold again(at least to me) but ill be out there every chance i get. lots of gold this year to everyone stay safeand warm. hh

Back
Top Bottom