East Coast Noreaster

Surf Master

Forum Supporter
Getting hammered here in the Delmarva , i here up North your - going to get it even worse, about 7 inches already with snow drift's , high wind's blowing in all direction's, you all up North , this one is no joke, i here you all have to prepare for power outages , high winds , and a large snow fall, better have groceries for a week, Craig your going to get rich off this one :snowtruck::snowtruck::snowtruck::snowtruck::snowtruck: , as long as your equipment doesn't break down . Back screened in porch , hot tub , shed WHITE OUT :yes::D The wind making it like blizzard condition's.

Attachments

• P1000926.JPG
    P1000926.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 516
Last edited:
Yea not looking Good up here earl...not supposed to stop til later tonight, I saw the projected totals, we are due for 13" :( :wow:

Attachments

• 0104181028.jpg
    0104181028.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 507
Cellrdwellr

The snow is not the problem here, it's the wind, you will notice that once the storm moves up the coast, the wind's will get stronger, 36 plus here, causing drifts , real lucky here , no power outage, down the road i have to figure out what to do for another power source, as if i loose power , i loose my heat, i have 2 oil burning furnaces , nice heat one for up , one for down, but if the power goes out, the furnaces are controlled by electric , than i am screwed, Earl

You could hook up all your detector batteries together and power the neighborhood for a week.. or hit the beach for a hunt and try out one of the scoops

Celldwellr

Still getting hammered here , the plow trucks just made a 5 foot wall in front of my driveway :shock::roll:

Last edited:
Tell that guy Steve he's on the ignore list, and he should be updating his find's picture album, also tell him instead of messing thread's up by negative comment's , he would get more friend's than 2, if he was posting positive on
someone's thread , contributing to the thread himself thing's would be different, this is 2018, a new year, as i have told this guy- more than 10 times , to stop, posting comment's, concerning me, any more Steve , will be reported , and it's not joking around anymore .

Be the adult and ignore him if your so offended or don't like him. Complaining and throwing a fuss doesn't solve a thing.

Sorry earl. Just trying to be helpful. You probably could jerry up the batteries together for an hour or 2 of heat.
Also most of your threads are posted in the wrong section. Post your gold totals.... on the beach section?
In fact even this thread is in the wrong section. You talk about groceries, snow plows, just about everything but beach and water hunting. And not picking on you just stating facts. If anything you pick on me.

TPMetal

Your wright , agree, waiting for all the guy's from up North , i here they will get the worst of this storm, winds are still kicking here, just goes to show just how large the Nor'easter was , happy hunting, Earl

Last edited:
Just got in from 14 hours clearing the 13" worth of snow here at the beach Earl...got drifts 3-4 feet high in places but we can get around and the power is still on. Have to rest some then head back out in the morning for more snow removal. Should be fun with the -20 windchills, have to drink that coffee quick before it freezes:laughing:

Bruce

They say you really have to watch the exposed skin, frost bite can lead to amputation, i new you all would be busy, i see in the news the MA serge was terrible, the wind gusts are still kicking here, to give you an idea of how large it was, hopefully down here we might see a few days above freezing , Earl

15 years ago

I left that frozen tundra of New Hampshire. Today, it is the coldest here in Florida so far for me. I picked about 50 lbs of green tomatoes as my 4 plants
froze. My flowers took a hit. I will prune them and they will grow back as long as the weather normalizes. Hurricanes here are your "Nor Easters"up there.

Grinsebring

Talked to my cousin last night in Orlando, she said 46 degree's and i watched the news they said Florida was getting down close to freezing , she is selling her house here in Fulton Co. De. , they still have a condo at the beach here, but there primary residence will be their , save your plants bro., as i don't see much is going to make it up here, but i will tell you i like it here, sure beat's Baltimore, AA Co., 130 miles from the beach, now i am 10 miles from the beach :clapping: New Hampshire :shock: , you most likely had an Alaskan woman to keep you warm, no way you would catch me living any were further North than here , Earl

It was so cold this morning that one of the wipers on my truck shattered when I turned them on. I can't say I've ever seen that happen before.

Oh well, it's winter in New England. No big deal. We just roll with it and keep on keepin on.

When it warms up to the mid 30's next week, we'll be outside in t shirts :laughing: Looking at -30 w/ windchill over next 48hrs.

I left that frozen tundra of New Hampshire. Today, it is the coldest here in Florida so far for me. I picked about 50 lbs of green tomatoes as my 4 plants
froze. My flowers took a hit. I will prune them and they will grow back as long as the weather normalizes. Hurricanes here are your "Nor Easters"up there.
Orange trees getting hammered? Will be interesting to watch the futures

Its 80 here - but dont worry! The super high tides from the Atlantic storm have stripped all finds from the beaches here. So i can hunt without freezing to death, but im not finding anything.

Just got in from 14 hours clearing the 13" worth of snow here at the beach Earl...got drifts 3-4 feet high in places but we can get around and the power is still on. Have to rest some then head back out in the morning for more snow removal. Should be fun with the -20 windchills, have to drink that coffee quick before it freezes:laughing:

I did 12 hours Bruce... you know that guy with the slave cemetery in his woods? who I dumped last year? He begged me to plow him as his tractor couldn't handle the snow... I told him its a double charge because it was so much snow... :D

I plowed the restaurant 6 times :yes: It was so hot in my truck.. I had to plow with the windows open :lol:

Cfm-ct

Wonder what they do in MA with all the roads, peoples car's buried in the sea mud, up to the window's that came in with the surge :?:

Wonder what they do in MA with all the roads, peoples car's buried in the sea mud, up to the window's that came in with the surge :?:

They contact their insurance, buy new cars, and push the mud and sand back on the beach. :grin:

Back
Top Bottom