Forum members and friends holiday hunt #3...

Captain Silver

Elite Member
It was windy and a brisk 12 degrees this morning as the Captain, Silver Bandit, Cellrdwellr and Chad geared up for a walk out in the woods and a hunt...at the site of a 1800's amusement park. This is the coldest December yet since I started detecting, anything not covered in fallen leaves has frozen solid already and several dig me signals had to be left until next spring...it really wasn't unbearably cold in the woods though, not like February on the beach is...2 degrees with the wind blowing:lol: anyhow,
I did the tour guide thing, pointing out where things were located according to the map of the park's layout as I've hunted it a half dozen times over the years...and then we got to hunting. Some new info I came across last night led to a spot that I thought needed coils run over it,
and sure enough it wasn't long until the coil on my Ex II sounded off, a tight clean high tone about 5" deep...thinking silver dime, a Barber, maybe Seated...I cleared leaves with my foot, dug carefully and popped a coin from the semi frozen dirt...a Rosie, really?:lol: I'm cool with it though, a silver...Jeff comes over, did you check for more? Yeah, I will...oh, it has a friend! Jeff listens and the Explorer and Etrac agree...yeah, another silver dime. Sure enough, another Rosie:lol: My camera hated the cold and refused to work but I think Jeff captured the silvers on the coil...So now I call Jason over, you should try here...I could see he was kinda reluctant, but he got to swinging and not 20 feet from where I was his AT Pro found a good signal that both Jeff and I checked first and agreed on...better dig carefully Jason:yes: up comes...let Jason tell you what he found:D So here's what I dug for the day, very little...but I had to leave some signals behind and a section of woods I have yet to explore for another day a fresh drop dog tag, headstamps from hunters...one of 'em probably lost the Rosies:yes: the other scrap you see and 3 coins...a wheat and the pair of Rosies silvers #153 and #154... No sure what all Jeff and Chad found but they will post later I'm sure...It was a pleasure to meet and hunt with both of you and with Jason today! That's it for now, so thanks for looking, see you after the next outing...I think there will be at least one more hunt, maybe 2 before 2017 ends...and Happy Hunting to all!

Last edited:
It was a blast! Beautiful area! Honestly I have nothing to post about :laughing: I found a whopping .01$ :lol: glad it was a copper penny though and not one of those god awful felix pennies :D cant wait to get back out there, hopefully after a nice nor'easter :yes: I got the coil silver pics for ya Bruce...nice job today, both me and Chad had a great time...keep in touch!

Attachments

• 1228171100c.jpg
    1228171100c.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 296
  • 1228171109.jpg
    1228171109.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 277
  • 1228171110a.jpg
    1228171110a.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 304
Thanks guys for the replies...with today's snow and tomorrow's extreme cold and wind this was my last outing of 2017:( It was good to end a successful season with a successful hunt though:yes: I'll do a season wrap up thread tomorrow...

Back
Top Bottom