SoCal Road Trip Nets A Handful Of Silver Including A Foreign Silver Coin

Jamflicker

Elite Member
Hey everyone,
Here are some finds from the past week which included a fun road trip with my buddies Greg and Mike. Also go out for two short hunts after work.

Everyone found silver on the day long road trip and my finds were 7 silver coins and 33 wheat Pennies. The highlight was a 1943 Australian 3 pence silver coin with a Denver mint mark.

Then I found a Rosie after work one evening and another evening found a Washington and a Rosie.

Thanks for looking and hope everyone is having a good thanksgiving weekend.
Jason

Attachments

• 9FBBAECE-BFDD-4192-8D71-FD0EA01E362B.jpg
    9FBBAECE-BFDD-4192-8D71-FD0EA01E362B.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 289
  • A7EFEE75-CA4E-4E53-9191-7189184D2EE0.jpg
    A7EFEE75-CA4E-4E53-9191-7189184D2EE0.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 268
  • 4E8110CC-B652-4304-809C-3836F83E5F4E.jpg
    4E8110CC-B652-4304-809C-3836F83E5F4E.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 269
Great pictures and shiny silver as usual Jamflicker. Happy Tx-giving weekend to you and Greg !

Keep an eye on this forum & the kinzli forum in the week to come. Because we allowed one of your So. CA crew members to breach the Santa Barbara line and come north. Sometime early next week we'll be posting our show & tell. Just waiting to get one last set of photo's.

We had to blindfold him so he wouldn't know where he was being taken though. And he had to pay $100 "tax" for each silver coin he found. But .... what are friends for after all ? :laughing:

Nice finds. Lots-o-silver and wheats. Love those older foreign coins. Congrats!!
Thanks!
I'd call that a good day! :yes: Congrats!
Thanks!
Great pictures and shiny silver as usual Jamflicker. Happy Tx-giving weekend to you and Greg !

Keep an eye on this forum & the kinzli forum in the week to come. Because we allowed one of your So. CA crew members to breach the Santa Barbara line and come north. Sometime early next week we'll be posting our show & tell. Just waiting to get one last set of photo's.

We had to blindfold him so he wouldn't know where he was being taken though. And he had to pay $100 "tax" for each silver coin he found. But .... what are friends for after all ? :laughing:
Thanks Tom! I’ll keep an eye out for that post. Who’d you let up north?
Killer finds!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks CW!

Congrats on the nice handful of silver! I forget what a dug silver coin looks like in person so I'm glad I can view pics of other people's silver hauls to remind me.:lol:

I always like having shared hunts with good friends. Even better when everybody finds success. Congrats Jason on another very fine week of searching out the shine. Trapper

Congrats on the nice handful of silver! I forget what a dug silver coin looks like in person so I'm glad I can view pics of other people's silver hauls to remind me.:lol:
Thanks and hope you dig some silver soon.
Nice haul - congrats !
Thanks!
I always like having shared hunts with good friends. Even better when everybody finds success. Congrats Jason on another very fine week of searching out the shine. Trapper
Thanks Trapper!

Last edited:
Nice work Jam. I’ve found one of those Australian 3p before. Tiny silver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just have one thing to say. D-D-DANG DUDE!! You guys are tearin’ it a big new one! The eTrac is learning...becoming smarter...becoming aware...(Jaws music)...
DUNT DUNT.....DUNT DUNT DUNT DUNT....
Yes I’m bored:grin:

Still waiting :D hints please? Mike?

Still waiting for the fellow to photograph his coin. I'm all ready to add in the post 1900 coins to the show & tell pix.

The So. CA hunter I allowed north of Santa Barbara was none other than Val from Dana Point. He was up here for the thanksgiving weekend visiting his son Jayson in San Francisco. You know both of them, right ?

The 3 of us got together for some hunting in Monterey and Salinas area. Jayson got the best coin though. Just waiting for him to get his duff in gear and take a pix. I think it's still soaking in solution .

I just have one thing to say. D-D-DANG DUDE!! You guys are tearin’ it a big new one! The eTrac is learning...becoming smarter...becoming aware...(Jaws music)...
DUNT DUNT.....DUNT DUNT DUNT DUNT....
Yes I’m bored:grin:
Thanks buddy and how'd you know Jaws is one of my favorite movies :laughing:
Still waiting for the fellow to photograph his coin. I'm all ready to add in the post 1900 coins to the show & tell pix.

The So. CA hunter I allowed north of Santa Barbara was none other than Val from Dana Point. He was up here for the thanksgiving weekend visiting his son Jayson in San Francisco. You know both of them, right ?

The 3 of us got together for some hunting in Monterey and Salinas area. Jayson got the best coin though. Just waiting for him to get his duff in gear and take a pix. I think it's still soaking in solution .

Ok, I'll be patient. Yes, I know them and have hunted with Val some in the past. Can't wait to see the coins.

Back
Top Bottom