• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Ms Liberty getting a trim while Bobcat stalks Buffalo in the wheat...

jwp1964

Forum Supporter
Got out on an after dinner door knock at a local place I've been wanting to detect. Caught someone at home and had at it.

Noticed the yard was definitely filled. Did find a hotspot where I picked up some wheats, an old square BSA Bobcat pin, an old Samsonite key and as I was working my way to the truck o got a nice sounding deep tone on the Deus Lite. I immediately thought could be a silver Dime. Worked my way down about 7 inches and popped a Nickel size green coin I didn't immediately recognize. Field cleaning revealed my first V Nickel of the year, 1904. I immediately thought that could not have been that sweet 92 tone. Swing the Deus over the hole and got a very sweet 93...that usually means silver Dime! I said to myself please be a Barber. Pulled out a handful of dirt and stuck in the pinpointer...nice, silver #38, almost smooth 1909 Barber Dime!

Not a bad way to spend an hour and a half!

2da1b5826d090fd405f9ba7c84aa2ce2.jpg

393bf99b138e4d9e50df99f09f9df61d.jpg

6dc7ebe0774a6982d593e85b2c9c01c4.jpg

fb95aeb8fb77e21ba1a6812df72ec7a4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So cool. I haven't dug a v-nick in almost a year! It's my turn now! Good work

With all the old stuff you've been digging I can't believe you haven't dug a V recently. I'm sure one will turn up soon. GL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

With all the old stuff you've been digging I can't believe you haven't dug a V recently. I'm sure one will turn up soon. GL.

Shucks. Well, I have been lucky for sure but fields are planted and now it's feast or famine time. I'm not one to door knock... usually... so I rely on networking and research this time of year. It also helps that I'm surrounded in all directions with very early US history, it's kinda cheating sometimes ;)

Good luck to you too! You always kill it

Congrats on the barber, v and the rest of your finds! See, you find old stuff too! I have found all modern stuff the past few days, now I'm jealous! :laughing:

Congrats on the barber, v and the rest of your finds! See, you find old stuff too! I have found all modern stuff the past few days, now I'm jealous! :laughing:

Thanks remmy, but not one of my coins made it into the 1800s [emoji23]

Great hunting man congrats! Nice little spill!

Thanks cd. The V was a real surprise where I was hunting.

I like that copper big coin! Barber too.

Thanks metaladdict.

Congrats on the nice finds.

Thanks bibelot.

Great assortment!

I knew right away when I read your title, Bobcat had to be the scout badge:lol:

Lol, I probably find half a dozen of those a year. I rarely find the square one though. I figured the guys that dig a lot would know right away.

Back
Top Bottom