The City Council would prefer you don't do that here plus silver 36 & 37

jwp1964

Forum Supporter
Today I headed out for some door knocking, but could not catch anyone home so I hit a small park in the town I was knocking. Had hunted it last summer without success, but this time the ground was not like concrete.

Pulled 5 wheats including a 1917 and a 43 Merc plus the Calvary Soldier (looks Like Roman Legionairre). The Rbies vaccination is 1950 from Athens, TN. After the lead toy the local PD showed up.

"The City Council would PREFER you don't do that here." No ordinance or law cited just the whim of some self important piece of !!!!! I don't argue with the PD so I just left. Absolutely ridiculous.

Headed home and stopped at a school I've hunted a few times. First signal is as a 1953 Rosie, sweet, #37 FTY! Picked up a couple wheats here as well. Headed home for Chinese Take out!

Yesterday I hit a high school looking for jewelry. I got two ridiculously large junk earrings and $4.79 in clad. The clad pushed me to over $175 surpassing last year's total.

Decided to hit another hunted out spot and said I'd stay until I got a keeper. Came away with a wheat and a Buff and called it a day.

e38a32ebd6d522b3ace47b0ed53dae4d.jpg

69c9d3452627ccc011530ea974a0b4bb.jpg

56bea3fb6c96da69ca678698d585c503.jpg

a15cda5a17b01a80c300339873760814.jpg

e41204b5dfe501b57ff847444adfa064.jpg

e12857822b1edebc3718b74b990e7c25.jpg

f619695da96b38726516c47087d3298e.jpg

b66f5631a1563dbaef2f717c4b04e359.jpg

57e1b75ec92e3689fdeca35ac07221ba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I found a similar horse. Cool little toys.

Attachments

• IMG_0289.jpg
    IMG_0289.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 757
... No ordinance or law cited just the whim of some self important piece of ...

You can't argue with finding silver :)

As far as the "scram", well gee, I don't know of any city council that "prefers" ANYONE detect anywhere. I mean, gee, I sure wish everyone in the world (and every city council member everywhere) loved and adored me. So what if they don't ? Sure they (or a cop) does indeed have the authority to draw on non-specific ancillary language to back up the "scram". But so long as it's not specifically prohibited, I'm just going to go back when said singular lookie-lou isn't around.

You can't argue with finding silver :)

As far as the "scram", well gee, I don't know of any city council that "prefers" ANYONE detect anywhere. I mean, gee, I sure wish everyone in the world (and every city council member everywhere) loved and adored me. So what if they don't ? Sure they (or a cop) does indeed have the authority to draw on non-specific ancillary language to back up the "scram". But so long as it's not specifically prohibited, I'm just going to go back when said singular lookie-lou isn't around.

I knew I could count on a comment from you. So tired of every little bureaucrat exerting non-existent power over their subjects by sending their armed enforcer.

Killer finds!!! Your pulling away from me!

Until you find the sweet spot at that military academy...

Great finds, congrats! :)

Thanks X.

Lots of cool stuff Jerry, congrats!

Thanks remmy.

Congrats on the silvers, Buffalo, toy soldier and the rest...nice digging!

Thanks Captain. The toy soldier was a pleasant surprise.

I found a similar horse. Cool little toys.

Thanks CJ. Very similar find.

As a cop, I hate to hear stories like this. I'm sure city councils have a strong influence over officers in a small town, but that's no excuse. I'd keep going back. When they approach you again, just ask if you're being told to leave. When they say no, go back to swinging. Just be sure to do 5 under the speed limit, have your registration up to date, and use your blinker when you leave, cause I'm sure they'll be waiting.

As a cop, I hate to hear stories like this. I'm sure city councils have a strong influence over officers in a small town, but that's no excuse. I'd keep going back. When they approach you again, just ask if you're being told to leave. When they say no, go back to swinging. Just be sure to do 5 under the speed limit, have your registration up to date, and use your blinker when you leave, cause I'm sure they'll be waiting.

Even though I said yes sir, no sir, smiled and complied I did not exceed speed limit, used my turn signals and exaggerated my stops and yields when I left.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great finds man! I had the same thing happen to me a couple of months ago at the local park. Apparently some lady complained about me detecting there so they asked me to stop. I wanted to argue but decided to just let it go. Sucks.

Great finds man! I had the same thing happen to me a couple of months ago at the local park. Apparently some lady complained about me detecting there so they asked me to stop. I wanted to argue but decided to just let it go. Sucks.

Thanks Rattlehead. Definitely sucks.

.... I'd keep going back. .

And this is a great post coming from a cop no less !

In-so-far as there's no specific prohibition , then sure. But so-long as we don't swat hornet's nests with the verbiage that *could* apply (like by being rude or "in-your-face" defiant, or whatever). I mean, let's face it, our hobby has ... uh .... connotations :laughing:

There was one particular park we liked to hit, where we began to draw the ire of a single park worker (a high brass suit and tie guy that worked in an office that overlooked this particular park). We began to figure out what his shift was. The solution was simple: you could hunt that park on the days and hours he wasn't working. Presto, problem solved. No need to "seek clarifications" or "fight it", etc...

"The City Council would PREFER you don't do that here."

When will it be: "The school board would PREFER you don't do that here."?

Im happy that our city park types, police, etc, dont harass us while we are hunting...cept for the tearing up the football field incident, and that was called in. The armchair landscapers are more of a problem around here.

Nice bunch of finds for sure, congrats!

"The City Council would PREFER you don't do that here."

When will it be: "The school board would PREFER you don't do that here."?

Im happy that our city park types, police, etc, dont harass us while we are hunting...cept for the tearing up the football field incident, and that was called in. The armchair landscapers are more of a problem around here.

Nice bunch of finds for sure, congrats!

Thanks TJ.

Our parks prefer folks pick up their brass after they shoot each other...

<°)))>{

Back
Top Bottom