New MDer, First Silver!

Muscovite

Never in my life would i have guessed that using hotel points for a Bounty Hunter MDer would have snowballed so much. Once I broke the detector out of the box and used it in my yard I was hooked. I started to read these forums and noticed pretty quick that I should go ahead and upgrade now before i learned on the wrong machine :laughing:

From there:
AT Pro $550
Garrett Carrot & Lesche $174
Lesche Digging Shovel $60
SunRay Gold Headphones and Adaptor $170 - By the way, this is because I really want the new wireless system from Garrett and I needed new headphones that would work. I hate being tethered to my machine.

My wife thinks I am insane spending so much of my fun money on something that takes so much time and i usually only bring home about $1.00 in clad. Funny thing is I am going to this local HOA park and there is so much clad to dig up. This last weekend i dug up this 1920 Canada 5 Cents. There is no way this should be in this park. My neighborhood was built in the 90's.

As far as the clad goes, i went ahead and tumbled all my clad and I am not sure if i did something wrong on the zinc pennies. I may have used too much ammonia, as you can see all the copper was taken off during the overnight tumble. Some of the coins look like they could still use some work. Not sure if any stores will take some of the rougher ones. Especially when not all the coin is there anymore :?:

Attachments

• IMG_4689.JPG
    IMG_4689.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_4691.jpg
    IMG_4691.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_4693.JPG
    IMG_4693.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_4695.JPG
    IMG_4695.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 280
Wow nice set up ! Your wife will be pushing you out the door , after you bring home a gold ring for her . HH

Congrats with the haul! I suggest that you not use ammonia to clean your clad. A drop of dish detergent is all that is needed.

Your initial efforts and equipment is starting to recover items nicely. Welcome to a delightful hobbie where nice items await you!

If the wife thinks you're spending too much now, just tell her to be thankful you didn't get into water hunting.

Back
Top Bottom