Silver #3 fty + extras

cellrdwellr

Elite Member
Hey everyone hope all is well! This weekend I was battling a severe head cold and just didn't have much motivation but I managed to get out for three hours Saturday night at my random woods spot. I didn't have high hopes, as my last couple trips yielded only clad. First coin was a V nickel. After that I was already satisfied but just gettin that one silver would have been icing on the cake. I've been gridding out along an old stone wall which may have been a cart trail at one point. That's where most of my old finds came in previous hunts. I hit an area that was loaded with old coins. After 2 wheats and 2 more V nickels, I got a good deep coin signal about a foot away from a wheat. I figured it was another wheat or hopefully a silver dime. When I pulled a silver quarter out I was stoked! I was hoping for my first stander. Ended up being my first barber quarter since 2015! I kept going for about 30 mins and added two more wheats and one more V nickel. Got some relics but I just haven't had time to clean them up, been resting a lot. Thanks for looking everyone have a safe holiday!

Attachments

• IMG_0907.jpg
    IMG_0907.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_0912.jpg
    IMG_0912.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_0913.jpg
    IMG_0913.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 306
  • IMG_0914.jpg
    IMG_0914.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 311
Nice finds!

Hi Jeff:

The 1908 Barber Quarter is in great shape; will look even better when cleaned.

Nice job. Great finds

Greg
Thanks buddy!
Congratulations great hunt..
Thanks!
Great finds cellr! You're off to a great start!
Thank you!
Congrats on the 4 V nickels and the Barber quarter...a fine hunt!
Thanks capt!
Hi Jeff:

The 1908 Barber Quarter is in great shape; will look even better when cleaned.
Thanks Mike!

How did I miss this? Congrats on the Barber.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great finds! Sounds like a sweet spot.
Thanks! It makes me think twice about random woods areas, you just never know, HH!
Nice Bar-B-Q there CD! You figure it was part of a long ago coin spill?
Mud
Definitely a spill , It was on a slope I was beginning to wonder if it may have been an early sled hill? Thanks for looking mud!
Sweet Barber!
Thank you!
How did I miss this? Congrats on the Barber.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks a lot!
Man that feels good when you pull a coin like that out of the ground!!! Happy for you!!
Thanks! I don't see many bigger barbers so I was happy to finally find something bigger than a dime, HH!
Congrats on a great hunt an the sweet Barber! Feel Better!!!
Thanks a bunch!

Back
Top Bottom