The Nokta Relic detector some thoughts

tnsharpshooter

Supporter
Forum Supporter
This detector is actually Nokta's newest release.

From its name,,primarily a relic Hunter.

One can hunt coins with it though,,since it has a 3 tone option.

Recovery speed wise,,,very good performance.

I should say,,most of my in the field experiences thus far dedicated to the use of the small coil.

I have found some coins with it in some hard hunted sites-- even by the mighty Deus.

A very good feeling detector,,,from a balance perspective especially with small coil.

Coil ears on the supplied coils--- beefy,,,if you break one of these,,you are trying to use as an ax or something.

Rod connections are nice and tight,,well fitting.

With small coil in nail pits--- supreme performance,,,but I should say,,this detector seems to like targets moreso that are the conductive levels of zinc penny and lower-- seems to be deepest on this conductive level,,but make no mistake it will strike on silver.

Depth a lot of times is limited in super rich sites of nails and iron anyway.

Tone break adjustments are options,,,but the tone break in 3 tone is fixed on the lower end,,not the higher,,so it is adjustable here.

Depth wise using small coil in what sites I have had success at finding targets,,around 6-6.5" deep on coin sized and smaller targets.

Not a hard detector to operate,,,watching how high a gain one runs is key here though,,especially using 2 tone.

Would I buy this detector again based on its performance so far??
You bet

Folks,,,this detector IMO is a niche machine,,,will augment other detectors.

Very hot on lower conductors.

And has that stop you in your tracks audio when striking targets.

Detector does seem to use more battery power than some of it cousins like the Nokta CoRe.

The reason I haven't used the stock sized coil much,,,is most of my hunting thus far has been in hard hunted sites where other notable detectors have been including Minelab CTX, and Xp Deus.

This detector btw does comes with 2 coils on purchase,,,,there is no so called pro pack offered like say the Makro Racer or the Nokta CoRe units by the manufacturer.

Mineral handling,,,I don't think this machine does as well as Deus in this dept,,,but did see where a gent used on a wet salt beach,,,and seemed to like the detectors performance there with depth and stability. They were it seems using the optional 5x10" coil that is offered by the manufacturer.

I hope when the weather cools a bit,,and the weeds die down,, to put this detector through even more paces.

Cheers.

Thanks for sharing your experience and opinion on the Nokta Relic detector. Sounds like you're going to have fun with it.

Back
Top Bottom