MX Sport owners,,,important info

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnsharpshooter

Supporter
Forum Supporter
There is talk on another forum,,seems the corners of the the detectors screen is cracking on some folks units.

A White's rep has said on Dankowski forum,,they are looking into it next week with a meeting.

For gee whiz,,here is a pic of my unit with some sorta crack.

Unit used 5 hours,,no water even rain,,not exposed to super high temp differences,,30f tops.

I hate to do this,,,but IMO folks should hold off on purchasing this detector.

Some folks besides the cracks,,are also having some other issues.

This detector definitely not adequately tested in the slightest it seems in the field.

Or most of the detector was changed for whatever reason since the prototypes were tested.

I'll let folks guess which one they think.

A pig is a pig in my books,,no matter how much lip stick one tries to use.

This will be my last .white's purchase for a Looooong while.

So I checked my MX Sport and found that both the top corners are doing the same thing. Still on the batteries that came with it. No drops or rough treatment. Have called and emailed Whites about the situation but they are closed for the day. I'll update the post as soon as I hear back from them.

Attachments

• crack1.jpg
    crack1.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 333
  • mxcrack3.jpg
    mxcrack3.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 315
The MXS was one of the detectors I was considering. Glad I went the Etrac route instead.
Shame because my XLT is a friggin tank.

The MXS was one of the detectors I was considering. Glad I went the Etrac route instead.

After only owning an AT Pro and the M6, the M6 has showed itself to be a top notch machine that you would be hard pressed to damage even if you were trying. I still hold onto the expectation that Whites will do everything to make this issue right since I have no reason to expect less from them. Good luck and HH!

It seems that Whites does not even know what they have in inventory. They are sending out replacement units with the same issues as what was on the returned unit. Customers are spending weeks and weeks waiting while the units are in shipping and factory. Some dealers are also not stocking or selling the MXS until Whites management finally gets a handle on this 6 month old mess.

It might be time for them to move their manufacturing to China -

Then they would have someone to blame - lol

I just bought a Whites MX Sport last week and it came from a dealer shipped from Ohio, when I opened the box mine also had a issue on just one of the corners( milky looking plastic), I contacted Whites about it they sent me another out the same day, I got it on Thursday it is perfect. Was told they are now using a different type of plastic.
The service was absolutely above and beyond (talked to Mary-class act)
see pic

Attachments

• IMG_0843.JPG
    IMG_0843.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 282

I was considering one as well and still might after they get some things figured out but buying used..humm...probably not now.

I was considering one as well and still might after they get some things figured out but buying used..humm...probably not now.

Yep...same here...its always good to wait a bit on these new product intros..I waited a few years and followed the Forum chatter before popping for the AtPro...Glad I did in the end...but damn! A fellow shouldnt have to be a guinea pig to work the in field bugs out for a mfg, Time and Gold wait for nobody!...I'm still a buyer on this rig when things settle down a little....
Mud

Yep...same here...its always good to wait a bit on these new product intros..I waited a few years and followed the Forum chatter before popping for the AtPro...Glad I did in the end...but damn! A fellow shouldnt have to be a guinea pig to work the in field bugs out for a mfg, Time and Gold wait for nobody!...I'm still a buyer on this rig when things settle down a little....
Mud

Yep, I'm considering it too... almost bought the old MXT as a first detector but it was too much $$$ for just getting started. I want an all weather machine that can keep up with my E-Trac, from all I've heard about this it seems like the ONE. Wasn't going to be able to buy one until Christmas time or later but now I think I'll have to give it some more time than that... :roll::(

Well,,
I wonder does anyone inspect the units before packaging or during assembly process??

Seems some of these units with cracks-- had to have left the station in this condition.

A user still doesn't know exactly what they have version wise-- exactly.

And it seems White's is trying to link these cracks with actual versions....

Could some of these cracks actually been the result of reusing parts,,when th y did some of the actual electronic version changes???
Seems likely to me.

I wonder,,,when does the 2 year warranty start on this detector.
For example, does it start after the detector is deemed " correct"??

And is the actual warranty period being adjusted,, moved out,,,since it seems folks are actually losing "use time" with their product.

How could such a mess even be created,,it is like they want to continue to roll around in this mud pit with this specific detector.

Cut the cord on this baby,,admit defeat,, start over,,buy these units back.
Could be the detector manufacturer black eye of the century.

And when you think about the problems they have already had with V3i, MX5 models,,,,I thought folks were supposed to learn from their mistakes???

I know I try to. And from a mile away,,this detector is a BIG mistake.

We can say that the UPS runs from Albany (hub) to Sweet Home Oregon is no longer running half full.

Well,,
I wonder does anyone inspect the units before packaging or during assembly process??

Seems some of these units with cracks-- had to have left the station in this condition.

A user still doesn't know exactly what they have version wise-- exactly.

And it seems White's is trying to link these cracks with actual versions....

Could some of these cracks actually been the result of reusing parts,,when th y did some of the actual electronic version changes???
Seems likely to me.

I wonder,,,when does the 2 year warranty start on this detector.
For example, does it start after the detector is deemed " correct"??

And is the actual warranty period being adjusted,, moved out,,,since it seems folks are actually losing "use time" with their product.

How could such a mess even be created,,it is like they want to continue to roll around in this mud pit with this specific detector.

Cut the cord on this baby,,admit defeat,, start over,,buy these units back.
Could be the detector manufacturer black eye of the century.

And when you think about the problems they have already had with V3i, MX5 models,,,,I thought folks were supposed to learn from their mistakes???

I know I try to. And from a mile away,,this detector is a BIG mistake.

Based on Look4Coins post above, they are addressing it properly. I doubt they would extend your warranty since it's the warranty that is covering the faulty casing in the first place and they are making it right (at least it appears). I don't think this is like that Volkswagon fiasco, where they are trying to cover up anything, and it'll damage the brand name much. Holding off would be smart till they get it all settled and warranty the old/restock the new. It just sounds like it was a bad or cheap fabrication on the screen piece, maybe just the dimensions were measured a fraction of an inch off or the piece shrunk a tiny bit after setting? If they have been a solid manufacturer in the past and plan to have a future customer base, they will do the right thing.

Based on Look4Coins post above, they are addressing it properly. I doubt they would extend your warranty since it's the warranty that is covering the faulty casing in the first place and they are making it right (at least it appears). I don't think this is like that Volkswagon fiasco, where they are trying to cover up anything, and it'll damage the brand name much. Holding off would be smart till they get it all settled and warranty the old/restock the new. It just sounds like it was a bad or cheap fabrication on the screen piece, maybe just the dimensions were measured a fraction of an inch off or the piece shrunk a tiny bit after setting? If they have been a solid manufacturer in the past and plan to have a future customer base, they will do the right thing.

From my reading,,,my unit is supposed to be one of the " restocked new units".
Yet is has the problem it does.

This detector has been released a while now,,,and the manufacturer still don't have their arms wrapped around it.

And to tops things off,,no clear way it seems to know which version exactly a person has.

A lot of this confusion,,,brought about by band- aid fixes without overall intense testing.

When this detector was ID'd as a problem child--- There was not that many detctors that had been sold,,,and if White's would have backtracked then and studied up on these units--- would have been much better.

But they chose to do band aid fixes,,and hurried and resent units back to customers,,,only for some to have to in fact be sent back.

And the " Needed correcting" stock dealers had,,,no clear guidance or information was given to potential customers as to their disposition so they could be corrected.

Many, many bad decisions here,,,a snowball of sorts. And the snowball has gotten bigger due to their poor actions and decisions.

I even ask about this very thing over at the White's forum,,,no real answers or discussion ever took place on these issues.

From my reading,,,my unit is supposed to be one of the " restocked new units".
Yet is has the problem it does.

This detector has been released a while now,,,and the manufacturer still don't have their arms wrapped around it.

And to tops things off,,no clear way it seems to know which version exactly a person has.

A lot of this confusion,,,brought about by band- aid fixes without overall intense testing.

When this detector was ID'd as a problem child--- There was not that many detctors that had been sold,,,and if White's would have backtracked then and studied up on these units--- would have been much better.

But they chose to do band aid fixes,,and hurried and resent units back to customers,,,only for some to have to in fact be sent back.

And the " I corrected" stock dealers had,,,no clear guidance or information was given to potential customers as to their disposition so they could be corrected.

Many, many bad decisions here,,,a snowball of sorts. And the snowball has gotten bigger due to their poor actions and decisions.

I even ask about this very thing over at the White's forum,,,no real answers or discussion ever took place on these issues.

Okay, thanks. I was not aware of all that had already happened concerning this particular model.

Whites actually told their dealers to go ahead and sell those detectors and let the new customer deal with it. They are banking on new users and non seasoned users to not recolonize the faults, thus not return it. The power of the forums has changed that and it has come back to haunt them. Social media like face book and such has spread the word. Websters new spelling of corrective action should be spelled RECALL. This is sad thing for what was a great company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom