ATPRO depth setting

scoopdog

Try this....it has worked for me.....hold ATP 6-8 inches above ground and turn power on.....set to Standard Zero mode.....manual GB then notch down about 16 numbers....set sens. 1 notch below max....set iron disc. to 12....dept is unbelievable....though you may have to dig some bottle caps.....sounds weird but give it a try and see what happens......scoopdog

Can't stand standard mode...will this work in pro-mode? Do you still ground balance from the 6-8 in above the ground?
No.....this program only works in Standard Zero.....don't know why....it's designed to give extra depth only....you have to live with the belltone...but it does eliminate all the mixed signals in the pro mode......I pulled a 31 wheatie @ 7 inches that sounded like Big Ben......it's a program to find deeper targets with a loud response .......don't have a clue as to why it works....found it on a dealer site.....Tennesee Metal Detectors.....see the video there....no explanations were given...only the settings

For you old timers that remember the "depth multipliers" like the Depth Master Bluebird you know how this works. The old depth multipliers simply boosted the sound of faint signals. It had a limiter so you didn't get your ears blasted off but it made hearing faint deep signals easier because a target at 7" was just as loud as a target at 1".

In STD MODE targets even at the very threshold of detection are loud and easy to hear. In PRO mode a target at the very threshold of detection are very faint and can be missed. Personally I've never seen that much more depth in PRO mode. Test a target that you can just hear in PRO mode and then switch to STD. It is still there only louder. It may break up a bit more, but still detectable and loud.

I use STD mode when hunting tot lots because it makes finding the small deep gold easier in my opinion. It is more noisy and tends to give false'ing more often but I like the loud deep targets.

Some of these test are not real world tests. A real test bed needs to be in the ground at MINIMUM 1 year and in natural surroundings, not in tubes. A coin needs to be wet, dry, hot, cold etc etc etc and start to break down naturally before you get any sort of correct testing.

Minelab E-Trac for example air test horribly. Now you get a coin that has been in the ground a few years, WOW! Big difference.

Trust Garrett and their engineers. Pro mode tells you so much more about your target than standard mode. A keen ear can tell the difference in a deep coin and just falsing. It takes patience, practice and lots of digging.

Some of these test are not real world tests. A real test bed needs to be in the ground at MINIMUM 1 year and in natural surroundings, not in tubes. A coin needs to be wet, dry, hot, cold etc etc etc and start to break down naturally before you get any sort of correct testing.

Minelab E-Trac for example air test horribly. Now you get a coin that has been in the ground a few years, WOW! Big difference.

Trust Garrett and their engineers. Pro mode tells you so much more about your target than standard mode. A keen ear can tell the difference in a deep coin and just falsing. It takes patience, practice and lots of digging.

Good post!! There are those out there that truly believe that an air test will be your max depth and anything else will only detract from the detectors ability... I will try to find that thread, it is laughable to say the least...

<*)))>{

Good post!! There are those out there that truly believe that an air test will be your max depth and anything else will only detract from the detectors ability... I will try to find that thread, it is laughable to say the least...

<*)))>{

There are a few videos out as well with targets buried in sand or dirt in buckets. So funny!

Again, needs to be REAL WORLD environment for an minimum 1 year. No PVC tubes, buckets and such to be accurate and reliable.

Back
Top Bottom