Carving up the T REX!

itsaring!

24K Larry
Forum Supporter
Making it more user friendly. Posted it in the make it forum. Only thing I hate about posting there is you might get one or two comments. And that's if it is ground breaking stuff!:laughing:
Here is part one
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=160533
Gonna test it tomorrow before I finish cutting and welding. Wife had to run errands in the middle of my project. Not good to disturb someone when they are on a roll! :laughing:

Nice pics. I think you changing the foot pad angle is 100% right on. I hope you send the pictures to Ron. Maybe he will see what changes need to be made. After using the "other" scoop, the foot pad angle is perfect for the way I hunt. But I sure don't want to go through the Western Union hassle again.

Good choice. They sure do take their shopping seriously! :laughing::laughing:

Yeah and we got to be careful or we'll be eating rolls. I try and tell my wife if it sounds like bacon cooking, i'm welding. Forgot she cooks bacon in the microwave :laughing:

Nice pics. I think you changing the foot pad angle is 100% right on. I hope you send the pictures to Ron. Maybe he will see what changes need to be made. After using the "other" scoop, the foot pad angle is perfect for the way I hunt. But I sure don't want to go through the Western Union hassle again.

Yep and I push my scoop forward like you and Greg do during the dig. Angle on the T REX back isn't angled right for that.

heheeee, why do you keep saying the "other" scoop? :laughing: Free is good Chuck. You going on a road trip soon? Where you going? Hopefully you will visit Craig and loot his beaches. Have a safe trip!

heheeee, why do you keep saying the "other" scoop? :laughing: Free is good Chuck. You going on a road trip soon? Where you going? Hopefully you will visit Craig and loot his beaches. Have a safe trip!

Hate to start Earl in if I use a brand name :laughing:

We are leaving Tues or Wed. Heading over to the Jupiter area for a week or so, then up to Myrtle beach for a month. Stopping to look at a new Entegra motor home in Orlando on the way. Won't be looting Craigs beaches this year, just SamC and Foiled again Jim's beaches :lol:

Thanks for the good wishes, I will be checking in while on the road.

lot of work on that project. Only question i have is why the additional catch plate? I cant think of anything ever going thru my 1/4 holes.... at least nothing worth a hoot..... i know ive chased them all. It might slow draining down and collect more of those shells than you want. I do like that foot plate.... you are right, pushing the tip of the scoop straight down isnt the best method of digging. Puts a lot of stress on the scoop and handle....something going to give with all the torque needed.

Dew

Back
Top Bottom