Mr Tough guy at the beach! and .925!! (pic heavy)

007tallguy

Elite Member
had my first encounter at the beach with someone who wanted to give my coil a boot! :laughing: that little fella has metal in it somewhere as he rang up pretty good! :roll:
onto the ring: i got out bright and early this morning to beat the crowds and the heat. i didn't even walk 100 feet in the dry sand... just going slow with it being dark and coil-busting rocks sticking up everywhere.
i got a nice strong 80 signal on the At Pro and i assumed it was going to be a penny. much to my surprise, it turned out to be this silver ring! :shock: :D it's stamped "Love Dream Believe" and "925 RJ 9" on the inside. this is my first beach ring.... finally.
and a few other little odds 'n ends from a couple other recent hunts including a toy truck spill, ha. of course the ever present tin foil, bottle caps, tent pegs, a garden hose nozzle (yeah, on the beach!) and a really interesting looking moth! it's close to 4 inches across and wow, did that bright green ever stand out on the sand!
and the last pic: Coyote tracks! :shock: likely wandered through there looking for garbage.

thanks for looking,

Pete ;)

Attachments

• IMAG2024.jpg
    IMAG2024.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 687
  • IMAG2036.jpg
    IMAG2036.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 601
  • IMAG2042.jpg
    IMAG2042.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 578
  • IMAG2044.jpg
    IMAG2044.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 579
  • IMAG2033.jpg
    IMAG2033.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 580
  • IMAG2001.jpg
    IMAG2001.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 586
  • IMAG2002.jpg
    IMAG2002.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 577
  • IMAG2000.jpg
    IMAG2000.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 560
  • IMAG2017.jpg
    IMAG2017.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 681
  • IMAG2006.jpg
    IMAG2006.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 578
Congrats on the cool digs and the silver!!

That is a Luna moth, my favorite of all the moths...

<*)))>{

Nice ring and trucks. : ) Yep, Luna (Moon) moth. They usually fly at night hence 'luna' Very cool. Good luck on future hunts.

thank you all very much for the kind words! :yes:

Way to go! Ring could be Avon? I have one marked RJ 10. Has avon in a real small circle on the opposite side.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trk..._nkw=silver+avon+ring+rj+9&_sacat=0&_from=R40

i took a closer look-see and nope, no other stamps in there so it might not be the Avon brand. it fits my pinkie anyway. :lol:

Very nice close-up pixs Pete. :yes: Congrats on the silver....

thanks Joe. yeah, i take all of my photos with my HTC phone. i have to admit it's probably the best camera i've ever had. no macro setting either, it does all of it's own adjusting. it's fussy when it comes to corroded coins as that type of surface seems to be hard for it to lock onto. but it's a good little rig, internet, text, camera and a bazillion other things packed into it. i think it even has a phone in it! :shock: :laughing:

Nice lookin hunt. Congrats on the ring. Cool pics too.....:yes:

You did good! Thats just the start of your beach rings.
HH BH

thanks guys! and i couldn't believe it... barely 5 minutes on the beach and i had that ring! it was still so dark out that i had to light it up with the propointer so i could see it through the camera, ha. :lol:

Great post and the photos are great. Congratulations on your first beach ring. There are more out there. You will get some. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom