• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

No gold but interesting

dewcon

Quality Control Expert
Im not finding any gold so i thought id throw up a picture of my recent coin of some sort. Ive tested it and it is silver and ive found enough of the old play money to know this isnt it. My scale wont weight it.... but im guessing .2 grams. Its very thin .... so thin its worn thru. Interesting symbols.... Mexican maybe?

Dew

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 634
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 326
No picture Dew.

Now it's there but I don't have a clue on the coin. All of the Mexican silver I have found or seen were all larger coins. Sorry I am no help.

I used just a little baking soda to hit the high spots... not going to get much better photos. Sorry CS.... i always do that.

Dew

I know you said its not play money but to me it looks like it... is that a cup of steaming coffee in the middle? :lol:

I'd say that's it....

Im not finding any gold so i thought id throw up a picture of my recent coin of some sort. Ive tested it and it is silver and ive found enough of the old play money to know this isnt it. My scale wont weight it.... but im guessing .2 grams. Its very thin .... so thin its worn thru. Interesting symbols.... Mexican maybe?

attachment.php

Dew

:yes:

Play coin. Don't feel bad, every beaver tail I dig on wet sand looks like a diamond ring to me. Damn, I need glasses. :laughing:

I was afraid someone would see the coffee cup.:laughing: But.... ive tested that sucker 4 times and its silver.... doesnt change a bit. I guess someone could have made play money using silver.

Dew

I was afraid someone would see the coffee cup.:laughing: But.... ive tested that sucker 4 times and its silver.... doesnt change a bit. I guess someone could have made play money using silver.

Dew

Its not silver... I have one as well... mine is in worse shape... but if you want to hope its silver so you can have a beer go for it :lol:

What's with your FL guys thinking brass is gold and aluminum is silver :laughing:

Dew

Play money for the rich and famous????

With all the small gold we are finding Dew, you should really spring for a scale that weighs items less than 1 grams...... :laughing:

Cliff

Why should i do that Cliff when i cant even test silver properly.:laughing: Still not a bad find when you think of the age of this. I found it neck deep out there. My scale is pretty well a SWAG..... but it gets close and im always hoping its on the light side so ARA pays me more. Beside im poor..... not like the new CTX owner...:laughing:

Dew

Back
Top Bottom