Garret Ace 350 problems! helpp

ryansclzo

I just got a garret ace 350 and I assembled it and all, made sure everything was secure and even read the manual. Minutes later i bring it outside, turn it on, and it just wont stop beeping. Airborn 10ft off the ground and its going off like crazy. Ive tried every sensitivity and every setting. I even factory ressetted it a couple times... Its brand new out of the box so please help :(. btw, even when I try pinpointing its constantly jumping and flashing.

Hrmmmmm....I'm just a beginner so just guessing. Could it be something to do with interference from power lines or towers? Did you try changing the frequency or does the 350 have that option?

Wifi, power lines, buried lines, cable and cell towers, even cell phones can cause this behavior. Try away from everything.

Wifi, power lines, buried lines, cable and cell towers, even cell phones can cause this behavior. Try away from everything.

If that doesn't work, then send it back. Was the box damaged at all when you got it?

Sounds like emi. Cell towers are my main trouble spots. you might check to see what's around that would cause that kind of problem. Once in a great while, you will come across a buried antenna which makes a place unsearchable because of the emi. And, occasionally, you'll come across an invisible dog fence, which causes huge emi problems. If nothing seems to apply to your yard, take the detector to another location (like a park) and try it. If the results are the same, send it back.

GL & HH

well i just received my replacement coil for my ace 350. Put it on and..... BOOM! Exact same problem... i think its the control box. I will have to send it in and now i'm disappointed because i'm leaving for Florida in 3 days...

I'm just putting this out for people with the same problem to possibly save them from having to deal with returning it.

I had this same problem on my new Ace350 and did this to fix the problem:

The first thing I did was to check the battery level (they were full) and I removed them then reinstalled them.
That worked one time.

I also did this one other time and it worked.
According to the Ace350's Owners Manual on page #14 to restore to factory settings, it says to hold the power button for 5 to 10 seconds (until the detector produces a fast double beep) I did this after the unit was already powered on.

If that doesn't fix it try checking the connections to the coil as others have said in other posts I have read.
I also read in the manual Troubleshooting Guide pg # 35 about turning down the sensitivity if you get erratic sounds or target ID cursor movement.

Here is the trouble shooting guide from Garrett:
http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/hbby_troubleshooting.aspx

One other possibility is the wire running from the coil to the control box is causing the signals. I use some electrical tape and secure the wire to the shaft for the first 10 inches so it does not cause any interference.

Back
Top Bottom